The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

25mm E-mount lens for $15 (it's a Holga!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Dude! It's the color fringing that makes it Lomo COOL!!!

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Hmmm, never noticed before how much Flickr sharpens images. That shot had a nice softness to it, but it's gone in the Flickr hosted version.

V

Vivek

Received my copy. The QC sticker is a nice touch! :)

Amazingly, it is delivered with two caps! :thumbs:

Godfrey

Hmm. I should get another one of these lenses in Sony E-mount, I think. I like using the A7 to shoot with oddball things like zone plates, pinholes, etc.

Ah me, always another toy (lens) to acquire. ;-)

G

Don Libby

Not long at all Cam, this is the finished image after processing it first in C1 then over to PS-CC and Nik. I forgot to add that this was taken with my A7r converted to full spectrum...

Godfrey

Okay, I got one for the Sony A7 too. Thought some might like to see this ... Jack's modification is necessary for full frame.

Fun fun fun...

G

V

Vivek

G and everyone, there are two more discs that can be removed plus the rear baffle for a good measure, resulting in a lens faster than f/4.

Godfrey

G and everyone, there are two more discs that can be removed plus the rear baffle for a good measure, resulting in a lens faster than f/4.
Hmm? I see the aperture disc, looks like a bit of work to remove it. Also the baffle. But f/8 is fine, or maybe f/5.6 with the baffle out. I'll play with it like this for a while. It is, after all, a $15 toy to play with. ;-)

G

V

Vivek

It is not the speed enhancement or even the vignetting but the color shifts that is mitigated to a great extent (especially on the A7r) after the removal of the two plastic "discs". Will post a photo soon.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

It is not the speed enhancement or even the vignetting but the color shifts that is mitigated to a great extent (especially on the A7r) after the removal of the two plastic "discs". Will post a photo soon.
If you can can you post which ones to take out (if you have images of them) as well? I don't have the lens yet but I'm kinda curious now.