The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

25mm E-mount lens for $15 (it's a Holga!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The Holga/A7r as a landscape cam...

Green River Overlook, Canyonlands. My son told me to be sure to post this as "#nofilter" but I don't have any idea why. When I asked, he said not to worry, that you'd all know -- ?

Processing was raw to C1, some levels and curves and a little saturation, but main thing was a minus 1.5 stop vignette -- which works surprisingly well! -- then converted to jpeg for web. Anyway, here is the first of possibly several if you like them:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The reality is I am having more fun with this $15 lens than I can remember ever having with a $1500 lens... One more, again raw through C1 pretty much as shot, then downsized for web. Let me know if you're getting tired of them and I'll stop:

PS: I've just realized mine is pretty heavily decentered. Maybe I should return it?

:ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Get 7 dollars back. LOL

I might have to take the Holga away he is having way too much fun with it. LOL

Godfrey

It's amazing how much sheer joy can come from photography when you let go of being so concerned with the trivia of resolution, contrast, et cetera... :)

This is why I love Polaroids, pinholes, toy cameras, and all that...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
"The Crew" in Moab, doing what they like best -- eating! And the Moab Diner happens to be a favorite. Steve, Bob, Matt, Guy, Bryan and John. Jack and Mitch missing from photo. And no, Matt and Guy do not have massive liver damage, nor are Steve, Bob or John holding their breath for too long -- it's just Holga color at work! AA7r with Holga (full frame) --- and still loving it!

what we were shooting before breakfast -- Turret Arch at Sunrise. This is of course another Holga version:

pingu666

I got the 60mm on my a77, reemed out the apature disk or whatever, and it does make it faster and softer, but maybe too much

You can get a wide and Tele adapter for the 60mm, and with my modified lens its way too much XD

I do wonder how well the wide angle would work on the slr mount one, if that's possible by swapping the lens onto the rear of the slr model :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just had to post one more I came across from our recent workshop. This lens is a hoot to shoot with: