The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax g 45mm on A7R

serhan

On the other posts, there were some questions. Not to divert the discussion there, I am posting here.

I read that contax g 45mm is similar to ZM 50 planar. It was the second sharpest lens tested on film by photodo. I prefer 45mm to 55mm for walking out and also the smaller size helps. Here is a comparison to other 35mm Sony/Zeiss lenses (g35mm and g45mm are same sizes):

Here are some g45mm shots with A7R using af adapter:

on nex-6:

Lots of cat shots, but these should show the bokeh characteristics...

scho

Just a word of caution to those using the older, version 2 (Eagle) TechArt Contax G to NEX adapter with newer full frame Sony cameras. I put my Eagle adapter on the Sony A7II with a 45 G lens and noticed that it was producing low resolution raw files (about 10mp instead of 24). Checked my menu settings and noticed that APS-C Size Capture was on AUTO. Turned it to OFF and files are then back to normal 24 mp size. Apparently the camera sees the adapter as an APS-C lens and will reduce file size if the menu function for APS-C File size is on AUTO.

Just a word of caution to those using the older, version 2 (Eagle) TechArt Contax G to NEX adapter with newer full frame Sony cameras. I put my Eagle adapter on the Sony A7II with a 45 G lens and noticed that it was producing low resolution raw files (about 10mp instead of 24). Checked my menu settings and noticed that APS-C Size Capture was on AUTO. Turned it to OFF and files are then back to normal 24 mp size. Apparently the camera sees the adapter as an APS-C lens and will reduce file size if the menu function for APS-C File size is on AUTO.
The other word of caution is to make sure all lens compensations are set to off in the Sony menu.

The adapter is recognized as a 16mm lens and the camera applies heavy adjustments that will generate a halo effect around the vignetting area.