The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New issue A7II 'camera error'

V

Vivek

BTW welcome to the forum and great first post but sad to say what you have here is pretty rare when a sensor is what looks to me is not just not seated well but completely off its mounting points
:OT:

Yeah pretty good diagnosis (of my knee)! :)

Steve P.

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, i´m suffering the same issue on my brand new A7II right out of the box. Then i saw this thread and applied Viramati´s quickly on off workaround, of course with the same IBIS malfunction, but also a black bar like heavy vignetting appeared on the left side of the pictures on landscape orientation and heavy blur like lens decentering on the right upper corner....Decentering was the key... I´ve heard about decentering on lenses but.... is possible on a sensor? A quick view on the sensor an BAM!. A picture (or three?) is worth a thousand words.....
I'm pretty sure that's the A7 III. You know, the one that shoots around corners. :eek:
You may laugh but it's coming. Just a matter of time.
Sorry about your misfortune Edgarco. Luck of the draw, sometimes. They'll soon have it sorted for you, I'm sure.

V

Vivek

K-H, Thanks :)

Just fell off a chair (non photography related) with the knee in a weird position and it isn't like a former neighbor of mine who cracked his forehead getting a Leitz Focomat from his attic. :eek:

Just discomfort now. Will see in the next few days if it heals on its own or needs some intervention.

Edgarco

BTW welcome to the forum and great first post but sad to say what you have here is pretty rare when a sensor is what looks to me is not just not seated well but completely off its mounting points
Thank you Guy!, By the way i´m the issueman, i´ve got every issue on every camera i had (except my beautiful Nikon F3!), overheating on the Canon 7D, dust and debris on the Nikon D600 and now this sensor on my brand new A7m2, but nothing will discourage me from doing what i love the most.... Maybe a Phase One will bring me luck? :D
Vivek i also hope you recover soon!
Steve P. Yeah i got a prototype for testing... but something´s wrong..... Sony didn´t pay me for it, instead i had to pay..... hmmmmmm

k-hawinkler

K-H, Thanks :)

Just fell of a chair (non photography related) with the knee in a weird position and it isn't like a former neighbor of mine who cracked his forehead getting a Leitz Focomat from his attic. :eek:

Just discomfort now. Will see in the next few days if it heals on its own or needs some intervention.
Thanks Vivek.
Don't wait too long to have it checked out.
Better safe than sorry.
Again, good luck with the healing. :thumbs:

V

Vivek

Thank you Guy!, By the way i´m the issueman, i´ve got every issue on every camera i had (except my beautiful Nikon F3!), overheating on the Canon 7D, dust and debris on the Nikon D600 and now this sensor on my brand new A7m2, but nothing will discourage me from doing what i love the most.... Maybe a Phase One will bring me luck? :D
Vivek i also hope you recover soon!
Thanks! Welcome and good luck!

K-H, I am less worried than some others around me here and sorry to spread that concern all around. :eek:

From a few days ago (already checked by our doctorbut will ceratinly follow it through): http://www.getdpi.com/forum/620550-post276.html

Viramati

Well mine started working again yesterday morning and still seems ok. Will go into my dealer next week and probably get it sent off even if it is still working.

k-hawinkler

Well mine started working again yesterday morning and still seems ok. Will go into my dealer next week and probably get it sent off even if it is still working.
Thanks David. What you guys are experiencing seems to be that the SSI gets totally out of alignment, but then somehow finds its way back and then works again. Is that it? TIA.

k-hawinkler

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, i´m suffering the same issue on my brand new A7II right out of the box. Then i saw this thread and applied Viramati´s quickly on off workaround, of course with the same IBIS malfunction, but also a black bar like heavy vignetting appeared on the left side of the pictures on landscape orientation and heavy blur like lens decentering on the right upper corner....Decentering was the key... I´ve heard about decentering on lenses but.... is possible on a sensor? A quick view on the sensor an BAM!. A picture (or three?) is worth a thousand words.....
Thanks for the really cool shot in post #58 that should be very helpful to Sony to debug the problem!

Edgarco

Could be if they link everything up. My case number with them is 11882485 so if Edcargo contacts them maybe he could link into my case
Yep, i did my homework and sent the shots to Sony, but i was not aware of your post, so i will link your case in my next communication with them. By the way my case number is 21865. Also everybody feel free to use the shots in order to illustrate the problem.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Or on the other hand they might! (I'm on 3 glasses of wine though :) )
. . . and bags is on topic? (bet I've got more than you).

. . . and so . . my A7ii seems to be behaving properly, and so does Silas's (FWIW)
And I bet I've got more than both of you combined :eek:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Btw, my A7II has been flawless as has the A7s. However, after updating the firmware on my 2 A7r bodies, which was a major pain to do and get completed, they've both had narcolepsy awaking a few times but then fine. Maybe I should reinitializing the firmware again.

silasslack

Hi All!,

I had the 'camera error' message yesterday :(

But: i quickly turned it off and on again and it's fine now (IBIS working too)... I'm very much hoping it's a different issue from the above.....

The other Slack

V

Vivek

Hi Silas, I suspect (speculate) that it is all the same and as diagnosed by Guy above.