The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New issue A7II 'camera error'

silasslack

Guy didn't get the same message though right (or I may have missed a bit of the thread above?)

I've certainly had no issues with the sensor. IBIS is still happily buzzing away. Hoping it stays that way.

If it's relevant I haven't used any native lenses on it. Just adapted Leica M, OM, Nikon and Pentax ones.

silasslack

It said 'camera error turn on and off'. It looked just like the one in post 58... I did, pretty quickly, and it has been fine ever since.

for context, It was the first time i'd turned it on that day. Cold dog walk. No bumps or bangs, etc.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Well, I'm happy to say I've had no problems at all, freely switching from FE lenses to screw mount (Leica and Yashica) to MF to LA4/A mount. Camera on, camera off, no problem.

Of course, now I've made this public statement, all hell will probably break loose. :)

Viramati

Well mine packed up again this morning so have taken it back to my dealer who have sent it off and have kindly loaned me a used A7 for the time being and strangely I have to say i like the lighter weight of it. Anyway will keep you all posted

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm having a failure only with the Canon 400/5.6 on Metabones, where the screen blacks out and the camera won't shut off for about 20 seconds. This happens when zoomed in for manual focus (AF is too unreliable with that combination - not in its native habitat!) and either unzipping or taking a picture.

I haven't tried dropping the battery, but I'm not inclined to experiment further with that combination.

--Matt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Matt it maybe the green switch on the Metabones adapter. Look up on Metabones site about the green switch. I think it's called the green switch

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Huh! It seems to work. No AF, but then the AF with the 400/5.6 was pretty useless. But it doesn't crash the camera (Black Screen Of Death?).

Minolta 100f/2 just arrived. Looks like it needs a bit of AF offset wide open. Very sharp, if less contrast than the 75 Cron. But it *does* have AF...

Thanks again,

Matt

Guy Mancuso

You will notice some of the A mount lenses will need a little adjustment to the AF. So that is normal. Each lens BTW is recorded as each lens you put on and make the adjustment. It never shows a list of all your lenses but it does read which one is on the camera.

Guy Mancuso

Huh! It seems to work. No AF, but then the AF with the 400/5.6 was pretty useless. But it doesn't crash the camera (Black Screen Of Death?).

Minolta 100f/2 just arrived. Looks like it needs a bit of AF offset wide open. Very sharp, if less contrast than the 75 Cron. But it *does* have AF...

Thanks again,

Matt
Contrast in Post is just as effective.

Viramati

Well the partly good news is that they have finally admitted it has a problem. The bad news is that they don't have the part to fix it at the moment Thankfully my supplier loaned me an A7 in the meantime

k-hawinkler

Well the partly good news is that they have finally admitted it has a problem. The bad news is that they don't have the part to fix it at the moment Thankfully my supplier loaned me an A7 in the meantime

Thanks David.
How long do you have to wait?
Any estimate?
TIA.