The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 35mm f2 Loxia or Biogon T* 2,8/25 ZM

turtle

Good job you picked up the CV 21mm f1.8. This lens is known to be a lot better with the A7 sensor than the 25mm Zeiss ZM. A lot. At 12 MP A7 sensor forgives a lot and cannot be compared to the A7, never mind the A7R.

IMHO, the Loxias are the great hope for the future. They just need a cracking 24/25mm now....

While the A7R and 55mm is magnificent, it is 'very good' most of the time with the 35mm; however, it gets progressively more difficult to turn out perfect performance at wider angles no matter which lens you use. When I compare my Leica MM and A7R, both with the best wides I have available for them, the A7R is better on centre (just, by a hair), but the MM is noticeably better at the edges and corners. Put a 24mm f3.8 Elmar on the MM and you see practically pixel perfect resolution right into the corners and this is what we all hope the forthcoming wide Loxias will do for the A7R.

It will be interesting to see which comes first: a brilliant 24mm for the A7/A7R platform, or a 36mp M mount camera, from Leica.