The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony Warranty Service

sjg284

I have an RX100ii which I have been on the fence about sending in.
The USB port no longer works, which I'd only use for SD card DL & battery charging.
Both of these are better handled out-of-camera (SD card reader in macbook + separate charger).

I waited until after the holidays to send in the camera, and now that I am ready to do so... their service website is down.. for days.
https://eservice.sony.com <very down

This does not bode particularly well, to me.

Anyone with experience with US Sony warranty service?

SamSS

It is best that you make a direct call to Sony's Customer Service 800_222_7669
I called Sony last Thursday for authorization and send out my a7 the same day to Precision Camera Repair in Connecticut for EVF failure.
My EVF just went dead.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I had my RX1r repaired under warranty by Sony last year. The on/off switch got incredibly difficult to turn on (but off was ok - go figure). Anyway I had my dealer handle it and it took maybe 2-3 weeks and came back perfect. I just paid for the shipping.

The bigger challenge I had was sourcing a replacement rubber hood for my EVF. Not so quick and easy to find that and so I ordered two spares but I think it took something like six weeks.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I have used Sony warranty twice in Canada - both times for lenses which developed a refusal to focus to infinity. They fixed my ZA 24-70 very well (it was better than when new!) and simply swapped out the A 300 mm for a new one. I was very happy on both occasions.

But it did take several weeks in both cases.

sjg284

Thanks all, I'll give Sony a call, appreciate you posting the number.
Rather disconcerting their website is seemingly dead, given the size of Sony...

This unfortunately was a Best Buy purchase, so i can't imagine going through them would be better than going direct.

A few weeks is OK, just need it back before April!