The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your wish list for A7r II or A9

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I don mind the batteries as they are small and light. I have 8 of them and depending on job I carry what I need plus 2.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes its really just self drying rubber and it stays on until you pull it. No damage at all. Love it

I put a dot on all my small buttons on my A7r and it helps a lot

Eoin

What I'd like with the A9 is ...
1, A7II styled body
2, Separately purchasable plug & play sensors which just drop in, High Res, Low Light, B&W ... future developments.
3, Uncompressed raw.
4, No rolling shutter (I don't know what that is yet .. but it's there and people don't like it apparently.
5, Full weather sealing .. I'm really paranoid after reading of ingress into the rear LCD.
6, Quiet, vibration-less EFC shutter.
7, In-body image-stabilization.
8, €1500 price point for body and 1 sensor.

ggibson

I'm using the A7 right now, so my wishlist of improvements is already halfway covered by the A7ii. Must-haves for me on my next camera:

- 5-axis IBIS
- Silent shutter
- A6000-like autofocus, focus tracking, and FPS
- Better low-light AF

Ergonomically, I had a couple of wishlist items:
- Move the shutter button further forward on the grip (like A7ii or A6000 is good)
- Move the menu button to the right side of the camera
- Rangefinder-style body like the A6000 would be better than the hump
- Built-in flash

Nice to have, but not critical features for me:
- Uncompressed RAW
- 4K video recording
- Live composite/bulb modes like Olympus has
- High-res sensor shift mode like E-M5ii
- Faster startup
- Better battery life

somebody must make a full size (= including grip area) base plate for mark II bodies, just like for mark I... not that castrated abomination that RRS for example sells for A7 II vs even their own version for A7/A7r/A7s

jfirneno

The A7 series can benefit from all of these welcome improvements. From my point of view the only area where these cameras are truly deficient is in the quality of the auto-focus. I may be tempted by a high res that avoids the shutter problems of the A7R or a high sensitivity camera with 4 more mpix than the A7S but the one thing that will absolutely get my attention is an A7 model that can realistically compete with the Canon and Nikon professional level cameras (e.g. Nikon D4S) at the football stadium. When they produce one of these I'll sell my DSLR and all its lenses and have Sony tattooed on my forearm (well, maybe).

Chris C

OK :

30 mpx Monochrome
Quiet shutter
Menu designed by an adult not a gamer

AND AND AND :

Matched 40mm Loxia killer lens at whatever aperture brings the optimal design.

[Yeah right ........]

............. Chris

EDIT ..... Nearly forgot; a 6x7-ish sensor for those of us who find 2x3 a strained ratio.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Top priority for me are in order of importance:

• Electronic First Shutter Curtain
  • Higher sensor resolution
  • At last three programable presets
  • Larger battery

If I was offered the choice, I would choose a camera with OLP filter and no IBIS.

Best regards
Erik

Tim

First the silly list, I want -
1. Face, smile and bad attire detection
2. Body available in a range of colours, pastels and floral patterns
3. A pop up flag to indicate photo taken
4. Angry Birds playable on the touchscreen, for gaming between pics
5. A built in mp3 that says "say cheese" when pushing the shutter
6. Shutter button must be a ladybug soft release
7. Get coffee warning for photographer
8. Custom wood grip carved from hull of a retrieved galleon that sunk in the Caribbean in 1765
9. Patina derived from no less than 3 celebrities use

Sorry :loco:

Seriously though...
Now that the silly list is out the way, what I'd really, really like to see is a sensor that works well out of the box with Leica, Zeiss and CV M-Mount film lenses.
Is there is some way for Sony to fix at the sensor level the vignetting, smearing and CA in camera for all those FF M-Mount wonders we have available?
If Sony sorted that, they would resell all the A7 cameras again.

The M9 is a FF digital and it works?

SamSS

Beside what have stated by everybody, I would like to see a real NORMAL ISO hotshoe mounting on all newer camera.
It's a shame to see a plastic base on a $550 flash which is the most venerable, wear and tear point.
If not, newer cameras better be fully functional with the HVL-60M

Massimo

Beside all the good suggestions already offered, I would add:

1) A video-less version with an accordingly (much) lower price tag
2) A 24mm Tilt/Shift high quality lens (Zeiss?)