The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your wish list for A7r II or A9

Annna T

Beside all the good suggestions already offered, I would add:

1) A video-less version with an accordingly (much) lower price tag
2) A 24mm Tilt/Shift high quality lens (Zeiss?)
I would love to see a native 24mm shift lens too. Actually i own the first version of the Canon 24mm and i was wondering about updating it. But a native one would be even better. Although i fear that it may not occur soon.

As for video : i'm not so sure that doing without it would allow lower prices : with an EVF that function is also needed for live view.

MikalWGrass

FF
High FPS / large buffer
Silent shutter
Very quick AF

A mount or no loss of speed when an adapter is used when converting to A mount
OVF

Usable high ISO and lowlight AF for shooting night swimming or water polo so not every shot is blurred by motion.

Beyond that, it is all dead weight.

fotografz

Less computer game interface and novelty modes.

Menu organization that makes even a little bit of sense to real world photography applications.

(A7R) Lose the Medium Format mirror flap sound and vibration (not much to ask of a mirror-less camera :)

Lose the lag for better decisive moment photography.

Better EVF refresh with less smearing when moving the camera in low light.

Full RAW file, or Lossless RAW compression, but only if it is truly lossless (which I still do not believe in).

Standard PC port so a TTL speed-light can be used in the hot-shoe for fill when shooting with strobes.

And my biggest irritation:

Separate, instant LCD review without the last image shot also appearing in the EVF.

- Marc

joe_leads

Settings menu 2 => Live View Display => Setting Effect On/Off: make ist setting configurable on one of the custom keys.

4season

More auto-review options, down to say 0.1 sec duration.

Option to display finder data including histogram outside of the image area.

Untethered firmware updates!!

Return to the rangefinder- style body (eyepiece on side, no "pentaprism")