The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7ll with the 16-70/4 Zeiss Zoom

Jim Tardio

Is anybody using this combo? I realize it will be cropped to a 24-105 range on the A7ll, but I like that range for traveling.

Any thoughts on this lens in general?

Thanks for any help.

V

Vivek

I don't have either but I would not waste my cash on any APS-C lens that too a zoom for a FF cam.

iiiNelson

Is anybody using this combo? I realize it will be cropped to a 24-105 range on the A7ll, but I like that range for traveling.

Any thoughts on this lens in general?

Thanks for any help.
I'd probably would just pair it with the A6000 personally. I hear it's a great walk around lens but a bit expensive for an APS-C lens.

Sounds like a great combo for video since APS-C on the A7s reduces the rolling shutter.

You can also use the 24-70 FE then switch to APS-C to get the reach. 24-70 at full res and 70-105 at aps-c.

ggibson

You can also use the 24-70 FE then switch to APS-C to get the reach. 24-70 at full res and 70-105 at aps-c.
This! Unless the size makes a big difference for you, the 24-70 makes much more sense on an FE camera. Or go for the new 24-240 if you really want the extra MP at longer range.

Jim Tardio

Yeah, not a stellar review.

I was just looking for a vacation alternative. I've decided to take just my Fuji x100T along with a Sony A6000 and Sigma 60/2.8. I can live with 35mm & 90mm.