The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hong Kong Post

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here is the real kicker I still can't find a Loxia 50 or 35 in this country at any retailer. What is up with that are they selling that fast. I find that very interesting in itself

Guy Mancuso

Fans it I had a feeling Hong Kong Post lost it. Store is going to refund me. Okay folks I'm looking any ideas would be great. I asked just to send a fresh one if two come I'll ship one back but not sure they trust me for that. Will see what reply is

Live to get in states new or even used

OliverM

For international shipments with standard post offices, I have seen 1 week to 3 weeks ... Apart from the delivery time, the issue is they don't integrate tracking systems (maybe some do now), so you don't know anything.
Never bought but sold to HK. I shipped with DHL and it took only 2 days ! Sometimes worth the extra cost.
I hope you will receive the lens.

Guy Mancuso

It's weird it never hit the tracking system but only said electronic info sent. It was expedited too and today is the end day

I've bought a dozen or so items from China/Hong Kong in recent years. At least three times the item was delivered before any tracking info showed up. Typically there's an update (often the first one) when the item hits inbound customs in the US.

To put it another way: I'm surprised when there -is- tracking info, but not when it's absent.

Guy Mancuso

Hope your correct Mike. It's the middle of the night there now. I said if you have one in stock send it I have to buy it overseas anyway or refund me. They seem very nice so I definitely am giving them good feedback either way.

ecsh

Just a quick search on ebay finds a slightly used one in Pennsylvania, and 10 other new ones in Japan.
Joe

Guy Mancuso

Yea been looking at all of them. The eBay used one I'm a little suspicious . I thought I saw those photos before.

I may have found a new one here in states waiting on store to open in mornings I confirm availability .

Guy Mancuso

Okay final update. I was refunded my full amount and ordered here in the states from Allen camera in Pa. Which just so happens to be a area I grew up. Very nice people. They offer free shipping but seeing if I can upgrade to 3 day air or something.

Thanks everyone. Maybe all this data will help others understand some of the overseas issues that do crop up.

Guy Mancuso

Brand new. I bought from them before but I completely spaced them out for some reason. I tried all the popular stores than I dug deep in my brain and remembered them. They are a nice brick and mortar store in Levitown PA. Really nice people from memory and nice to support the local stores.