The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hong Kong Post

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well lens is here from Allens here in the states. Bad news is I sprained my ankle so I can go as far as the patio. Lol

Maybe this weekend but it sure is a thing of pleasure . A lot to be said on how these are made. I'll get the 85 Batis next but if there is a Loxia coming out out in the wide end over something in a Batis it maybe a tough call for me. These Loxias are more old dog style. Lol

Guy Mancuso

Geez I forgot all about them too and I have purchased from them before. Nice people

Honestly I'm a little over Amazon and B&H. Feel like a number

ohnri

Okay final update. I was refunded my full amount and ordered here in the states from Allen camera in Pa. Which just so happens to be a area I grew up. Very nice people. They offer free shipping but seeing if I can upgrade to 3 day air or something.

Thanks everyone. Maybe all this data will help others understand some of the overseas issues that do crop up.
I bought a eBay item that was shipped using HKP. They then handed it over to USPS for delivery.

The USPS dropped it on the doorstep of my office on a Saturday. Of course, USPS never requests a signature with normal delivery. Problem was that my office is closed on weekends so the package was dropped in a public space for 2 days.

Of course, come Monday morning, no package.

The eBay seller claims they always request a signature but still refused to refund. The eBay money back guarantee process found in favor of the seller as they said the package was delivered.

On appeal, I made a phone call to eBay and they reversed the decision and made what they referred to as a 'courtesy' refund due to my spotless eBay record reaching back many years.

Overall, the refund process was very time-consuming and tedious. The aggravation was greatly in excess of any other refund process I have ever used. Furthermore, I doubt I could ever get such a refund again.

I will gladly be just a number to amazon in order to avoid being treated so badly in the future.

Take care,

Bill

iiiNelson

I bought a eBay item that was shipped using HKP. They then handed it over to USPS for delivery.

The USPS dropped it on the doorstep of my office on a Saturday. Of course, USPS never requests a signature with normal delivery. Problem was that my office is closed on weekends so the package was dropped in a public space for 2 days.

Of course, come Monday morning, no package.

The eBay seller claims they always request a signature but still refused to refund. The eBay money back guarantee process found in favor of the seller as they said the package was delivered.

On appeal, I made a phone call to eBay and they reversed the decision and made what they referred to as a 'courtesy' refund due to my spotless eBay record reaching back many years.

Overall, the refund process was very time-consuming and tedious. The aggravation was greatly in excess of any other refund process I have ever used. Furthermore, I doubt I could ever get such a refund again.

I will gladly be just a number to amazon in order to avoid being treated so badly in the future.

Take care,

Bill
Pretty much my opinion of why I have become somewhat anti-eBay over the last year or so. Mind you I've had good enough buying experiences but I've had horrible customer service in trying to get issues resolved to the point that eBay is no longer a viable buying option in my mind.

Jim DE

When scanning the auction sites I don't buy anything over $10 from Japan, China, Korea, or any foreign country. The only purchases I consider are USA origin ones (which I have been snookered once with the seller saying he was in the USA and actually shipped from Vancouver Island)

Guy.... buy USA :D

Guy Mancuso

I did from Allens camera they had it in stock. Learned my lesson, now I see the Batis on eBay already and not even released yet.