The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hong Kong Post

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Ordered my Loxia 50mm from Hong Kong and they shipped it expedited to US using Hong Kong Post. Does anyone know the proper tracking website for them. In getting nothing. Thanks

Guy Mancuso

Getting very frustrating but my tracking number still says info received and nothing else. Contacted seller twice now about this and they opened a inquiry with Hong Kong Post , hopefully know something Monday morning when they open. I'm getting pissed. I'll demand my money back if I get some weird answers. I still can't find this lens in the U.S. At all new or used.

Guy, it's too soon to be concerned. The tracking of shipments from China and Hong Kong is often missing or nonsensical for days at a time.

Guy Mancuso

Guy, it's too soon to be concerned. The tracking of shipments from China and Hong Kong is often missing or nonsensical for days at a time.

They must have a very screwed up mail system. Of course ours sometimes is a nightmare too. Lol

The thing that bothers me is only info received which could mean never left the dang store. If they received the package HKP than fell off the radar that I can not worry about. At least I know it's in the way but electronic info received only is bugging me.

I know I have no patience either that's a given. LOL

stephengilbert

"Guy, it's too soon to be concerned. The tracking of shipments from China and Hong Kong is often missing or nonsensical for days at a time."

As opposed to shipments within the U.S.? I had something shipped to me from San Francisco on Friday. The USPS shows nothing.

I've received packages by mail that were shown as being due in a day or two but had already been delivered.

Guy Mancuso

"Guy, it's too soon to be concerned. The tracking of shipments from China and Hong Kong is often missing or nonsensical for days at a time."

As opposed to shipments within the U.S.? I had something shipped to me from San Francisco on Friday. The USPS shows nothing.

I've received packages by mail that were shown as being due in a day or two but had already been delivered.
Has happened to me as well. The part that bugs me is I'm not sure HKP actually received the item.

iiiNelson

I had strange things happen to me using Japan EMS. it's just the way it is when ordering from another country that does USPS handoff. I was able to track to Hawaii once and LA another time but in both cases I wasn't able to track on USPS for a few days after USPS received. One time it didn't show up until the day before it was delivered and the other time it was able to be tracked after delivery.

Everything I've ordered from Europe came DHL, UPS, or FedEx.

Guy Mancuso

Yea I have never and you folks know how much I buy and sell but UPS and FedX I really never had a issue. Overseas it's a whole diffrent ballgame. I'm sure it's on it's way but I just would have at least seen it once in the system to make me feel a little more at ease. The sellers seem very nice I will admit.

EMS China and Hong Kong tends to be slow in updating their status (unlike Japan). Most likely when the lens arrives to US custom you would see an update. For now, try USPS tracking, it might unexpectedly turn up.

Slingers

I've had similar experiences to other posters with Japan Post and Hong Kong Post. They always arrive but you can't trust the tracking.

segedi

Living in Canada, I've learned to not check or be too concerned about mail tracking. It usually arrives and never when you expect. I recently had a package showing an estimated arrival time between 2 and 12 days!

I sure hope you like the lens!

Bob Parsons

I've also had similar experiences with Japan and Hong Kong Post with parcels arriving in the UK before the tracking is active! There's another gotcha with some services, they reuse the tracking numbers. If you're too quick in trying to track and haven't let the previous usage expire you may find the parcel has been delivered in another country :(.

Bob.