Given the passion on this forum for the Sony A7 range, I thought I would ask for some advice.
Extraordinarily my car blew up today. When I say blew up I really mean blew up. A nice, low mileage, Mercedes Estate. Driving along I saw a bit of white smoke in the rear mirror and thought - possible gasket gone. Stopped, got out and saw smoke out of the bonnet so opened it and saw flames. 10 minutes later nothing left but a smoking shell. Inside was my camera bag with an A7 plus the 55mm 1.8 lens.
I have had this since October and also have the Sony FE 35mm 2.8 plus various adapters and lots of other lenses which worked well with it and have been hugely happy with it. Although I have lots of other cameras I already feel the loss. Assuming, and there is no reason to assume otherwise, the insurance will cough up - should I:
1. Just buy another A7 plus the 55mm
2. Buy an A7 II plus the 55mm (have to say that I see no need for IBIS in my work)
3. Buy an A7r plus the 55mm (always tempted by that but also slightly put off by the reports of shutter shock).
4. Just have another drink and concentrate on replacing the car.
5. As in 4 above but wait and see if an A7rII comes out.