Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HCam Master TS 11-24mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: HCam Master TS 11-24mm

Chris writes "sharp", I said the "whole image circle".
    Doing architecture like in the sample I showed, includes sky very often and the corners may be neglected as the contain either sky or some trees or just not important parts of other buildings.
    And also: I wrote you can focus the "unsharp areas" nearly perfectly, but because there is a field curvature (astigmatism) nearing the borders it may or may not work to use it.

This is no different than with large format lenses we used the last 150 years on viewcameras. It´s up to the photographer to creatively use these effects and build images that hold up.

About the Leica glass: I once had some Leica R lenses and also tested some:
    my Impression is that with the exception of the wideangles, the lenses from 50mm and up were always built like little MF lenses with shorter Flange focal distance, having plenty of excess image circle to be able to use the center sharpness sweetspot.

My favourite fun lenses i use on the HCam Master TS are
    1,2 55mm (an old Vivitar sold in Germany as Revuenon) dream bokeh - tilted it´s even better
    1,2 85mm Canon FD-L (with Ed Mika mount to EF) THE Portrait monster tilted !
    2,0 100mm Canon FD
    2,0 135mm Canon FD

1,4 35mm Samyang
    2,0 28mm Canon FD

and of course the 2,8/ 14-24mm Nikkor at open aperture tilted at 14mm
    Same fun 11mm full tilted with the Canon 11-24mm EF-L

The possibilities are endless. And 10 degrees of tilt are already "A LOT" !

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen

@David - do you want to know how to get a full range TS Zoom beast from about 20-35mm ? Take your "disappointing" Canon 16-35mm, set the zoom to 35mm. Now go with two fingers inside the back of the lens. And then Pull !

There is only a small piece of plastic as a cover which will come out easily, just clipped in (don´t loose it ! ).

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    Stefan, thank you SO much for this tips!
    I will try this as soon as I can back to my office...

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Stefan,
    Is the Arca-compatible foot plate square in shape
    to fit in Castel-Q focusing rack [I already own]?
    Thank you,
    Billy
    Last edited by BJNY; 8th June 2015 at 00:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Billy
    Yes of course, we use an original Novoflex plate (=identical to the Astat Nex plate) for this.

Some more food for the people following:

A short look on todays Setup of my HCam Master TS for the shooting. The Canon 16-35mm offers 15mm of shift vertical from 22-34mm. I use it prestopped down to f11. See the nice Handle I added to the hotshoe. I found this to work perfectly when you have the setup split in half from out of the bag - Head and camera.
    Sony A7R, Meike Batterygrip -full radio remote trigger/Timer.
    Novoflex Magicball, HCam TS Rail and Crossrail.
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Stefan,
    I can't go 15mm on my 16-35f4...
    Does the new version (v3) give more shift with this lens than the v2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi David

The new HCam Master TS version IS Version 2 - you have Version 1.
    (I´m not counting the Mirex versions without the rotation)
    The diameter of the inner opening has grown 3mm horizontal and 6mm ! vertical.
    We have done this with all possible tricks after I had found the 11-24mm Canon to vignette on the V1 and I had the firm will to get this working.
    And: the new Version also allows to exchange the back mount.
    In the future additional to Sony E-Mount, there will be
    Canon EOS-M
    Samsung NX
    Fuji X
    MFT.
    Dealers will be able to change this for their customers.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daf View Post
    Dis you tryed the 24-70ii ? It xould make the perfect combo with This one...
    I'm curious about Canon 24-70mm II as well.

Post Thanks / Like

The diameter of the inner opening has grown 3mm horizontal and 6mm ! vertical.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    Do You have any upgrading program ?

Post Thanks / Like

Stefan,
    Just looking to get an update on the progress of the adapter... I am keen to put an order in as soon as it is ready and tested

Daf,
    You mention using the Contax 35mm PC lens and stitching to a 645 format and running into some CA (sorry cannot remember where I saw that). Just wondering, is this easily correctible? Also, if stitching to a 645 format with the Hcam adapter, how much rise can still be achieved with the Contax 35mm PC lens?

Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like

@wallpaperviking:
    Here are the imagecircle test : http://www.getdpi.com/forum/626539-post111.html
    I would say sharpness is good in 90% of the frame at f11 ... CA is present in all the image area(even unshifted) starting to get strong with 15mm shift from center but correctable.
    But if you need to stitch+shift and want a 35, then this is the best option...if you need only stitch then pentax 645 35mm is the way to go.
    Keep I mind that the max stitching area is 36x54 resulting in 70/80mpx with a7r.
    For the same field of view, you can also go with 24tse+Sony a6000 Max area is 24x44 and 70mpx....this option offer more shift option and tilt/swing on the lens.
    For me: I only shoot 1 shot, I never stitch so Sony a7r with 36 mpx make sens but if I were stitching then apsc make a lot more sens as you stay in the sweet spot of the lens...
    For exemple, if you don't need rise/fall but only laterale shift for stitching using A6000 (24x44mm capture aera) then you can go with the best Art series 24/35/50...stay in the sweet spot of the lens with 70mpx output, and you have the tilt on the adapter to optimize the plan of focus and keep your aperture at f5,6.....

Post Thanks / Like

on the link for the 35pc, you can also see the color cast(blue on the left side/yellow on the right) it is very low so you can probably live with it, but if you need perfect picture then an lcc is needed..

Post Thanks / Like

All the vigneting test on the " hcam finale version getdpi page" where done with the hcam master V1...from what stefan say we can expect some real improvement with V2...so probably a full 36x54mm capture size without any hard vignet..but this should be confirm lens by lens...

Post Thanks / Like

Daf,
    Thanks so much, much appreciated! I am definitely in the market for a 35mm and am debating whether to get the Contax PC or go with a Contax 645 35mm and preset the aperture to f11..

The Contax 35mm PC is the obvious choice but these seem quite rare and expensive..

I currently have a Pentax 645 35mm and a Canon 24mm TS-E and will be looking to order the V2 adapter when it is available, so will be able to test them out then

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good news, today I got the final HCam Master TS version 2. Will post some images the next days. It got some more improvements for faster usage and better workflow. It can even be customized now......
    Shipments start next thursday.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good news, today I got the final HCam Master TS version 2. Will post some images the next days. It got some more improvements for faster usage and better workflow. It can even be customized now......
    Shipments start next thursday.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    Please elaborate on customization options.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news Stefan!

I look forward to seeing some photos and hearing about the improvements!

BJNY, I think Stefan is referring to being able to change the rear to be able to be used with a variety of mirrorless cameras

"And: the new Version also allows to exchange the back mount.
    In the future additional to Sony E-Mount, there will be
    Canon EOS-M
    Samsung NX
    Fuji X
    MFT.
    Dealers will be able to change this for their customers."

Could be something else though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yep - customization is the (future) available mounts (right now we have emount, but are working with Novoflex to get more ready)

and second: the mechanism of the rear rotation was changed from a lock that had to be lifted to rotate to a clickstop. For differing usage, we will now deliver the adapters with 2 differing sets of little springs hard(Firm and tight) and softer (Smooth and easy rotation).
    Both have advantages, the standard delivery will be hard for tight and firm , but if somebody changes the rotation a lot (I don´t!) he may preferre the softer version. Can easily be done by the user and is the same screws that also allow the changeable back mount.

Greetings from a rainy Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news!

I will be ordering one when it is ready

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Stefan

Congrats on a great product and that you keep on expanding and improving it.

Just a question, is it possible to reverse modify the Canon lens in the future, ie. return the hood, or are the changes irreversible?

Thanks a lot

Dan
    The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision. - Helen Keller

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lictor View Post
    Hi Stefan

Congrats on a great product and that you keep on expanding and improving it.

Just a question, is it possible to reverse modify the Canon lens in the future, ie. return the hood, or are the changes irreversible?

Thanks a lot

Dan
    You can easily refit the back lens cover, for a front lensshade remount you´ll need the according spare part plus the work on a Canon contractor/repairshop but yes - it is fully reversible !

NEWS

I have now gotten the first batch of the production adapters. Images follow, I am just flooded with things to do now.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Billy
    Yes of course, we use an original Novoflex plate (=identical to the Astat Nex plate) for this.

Some more food for the people following:

A short look on todays Setup of my HCam Master TS for the shooting. The Canon 16-35mm offers 15mm of shift vertical from 22-34mm. I use it prestopped down to f11. See the nice Handle I added to the hotshoe. I found this to work perfectly when you have the setup split in half from out of the bag - Head and camera.
    Sony A7R, Meike Batterygrip -full radio remote trigger/Timer.
    Novoflex Magicball, HCam TS Rail and Crossrail.
    Hi Stefan, looking forward to this hugely! You mention vertical shift but what about horizontal? Would love to see examples with the 24-70 too.

Post Thanks / Like

You can easily refit the back lens cover, for a front lensshade remount you´ll need the according spare part plus the work on a Canon contractor/repairshop but yes - it is fully reversible !

NEWS

I have now gotten the first batch of the production adapters. Images follow, I am just flooded with things to do now.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply, deeply appreciated.

So, you definitely think that 11-24 is better than using 17 ts-e with your adapter for a wider shift area?
    The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision. - Helen Keller

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Lictor

Yes - several advantages against the TS-E 17mm:
    1.: Much wider image angle 126,5 degrees at 11mm (still 3-4mm of shift!)
    2.: All the intermediate and longer focal lengthes up to 24mm (in effect you get both TS-E´s plus plenty more focal lengthes)
    3.: at 17mm you reach or even surpass the possible shift of a TS-E (see attached brand new excel table)
    4.: it has a 360 degree rotational tripod clamp, moving the camera not the frontlens, so it is parallax free
    5.: it is still cheaper to buy our adapter and the modified Canon 11-24 than both TS-E lenses
    6.: Even if the 17 is a very good lens the 11-24mm is sharper, especially on the outer areas. Really close there to the 24mm TS-E, but again: center is better !
    7.: it is only one lens and takes less space and weight than 2 TS-E´s.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lictor

Yes - several advantages against the TS-E 17mm:

3.: at 17mm you reach or even surpass the possible shift of a TS-E (see attached brand new excel table)
    This is awesome and really great to see this table that explains everything. Do you have another table for the 16-35/4 lens?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulrahman Aljabri View Post
    This is awesome and really great to see this table that explains everything. Do you have another table for the 16-35/4 lens?
    In the works. I hope tomorrow.

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely good arguments for the 11-24. A lot of food for thought. :roll eyes:
    The 24mm ts-e is considered such a legendary lens it's hard to believe that a zoom is so close.

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know if the new Lee holder for Nikon 14-24 can be installed on 11-24 as well? It would solve the problems of wanting a hood from time to time.

Stefan, do you think you'll ever make an adapter with electronic contacts for Canon?

Cheers,

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Definitely good arguments for the 11-24. A lot of food for thought. :roll eyes:
    The 24mm ts-e is considered such a legendary lens it's hard to believe that a zoom is so close.

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know if the new Lee holder for Nikon 14-24 can be installed on 11-24 as well? It would solve the problems of wanting a hood from time to time.

Stefan, do you think you'll ever make an adapter with electronic contacts for Canon?

Cheers,

Daniel
    Lee, Nisi, Fotodiox and probably some more are all working on Filter holder adapters for the 11-24mm
    I already think a lot about this actually since the HCam, the technical and software part would be solved.
    But not the physical ! There is no space for a cable to go into the 360 degree rotation and not get torn !!!!!

Update: here is the new budget TS lens for the Masses Canon EF-L 4/16-35mm IS USM with the V2 HCam Master TS. A perfect addition to the longer side !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Stefan for 16-35mm table.

Would you post one for 24-70mm, please?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BJNY View Post
    Thank you Stefan for 16-35mm table.

Would you post one for 24-70mm, please?
    I second both comments. The lens chart is great and it would be better yet to have one for the 24-70 2.8L II or 4L. That would provide a complete basic set.

Once I get this adapter I will also test it with the 17-40 4 and share the results. Now I am just waiting on Stefan to reply for that to happen

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Stefan. When you have time it would be great to see examples of how the image circle looks when shifted so that we can see how any distortion creeps in, and also edge sharpness. I'm also keen to see a 24-70. Looking forward to the finished product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I second both comments. The lens chart is great and it would be better yet to have one for the 24-70 2.8L II or 4L. That would provide a complete basic set.

Once I get this adapter I will also test it with the 17-40 4 and share the results. Now I am just waiting on Stefan to reply for that to happen
    Send me your order (shipping and billing address, best with a phone number in case customs needs that)I send you a bill and after I receive payment I can ship off stock ! The next batch is ordered, they sell fast !

And yes: I have ordered a Canon EF-L 2,8/24-70mm USM II for testing, will receive it next week tuesday.

I need some more time to work a bit on my last test shootings, have done some modern architecture with the 11-24 and the 16-35.
    New Productshots will follow (the new V2 adapter looks a bit different, but only from the back side+ the size of the opening).

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    How DO you operate the aperture in the Canon monster?
    Prestopped down. I have a viltrox adapter that can stop the lens down on the Sony body, remove it while its stopped down and use with the selected aperture.
    Not as big a nuisance as it sounds just set it to F9 or F11 and forget about it.
    If you also have a Canon camera, there is another simpler way. Set the aperture, click both the depth of field and the lens lock release buttons at the same time and turn the lens to remove it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question, does a bigger aperture always translate to a bigger image circle? I was wondering because there is the new 16-35 4L which has a big image circle and performs wonderfully on the adapter, but there is also the bigger aperture lens 16-35 2.8L. Does it have a bigger image circle because of the bigger aperture?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quick question, does a bigger aperture always translate to a bigger image circle? I was wondering because there is the new 16-35 4L which has a big image circle and performs wonderfully on the adapter, but there is also the bigger aperture lens 16-35 2.8L. Does it have a bigger image circle because of the bigger aperture?

Thanks
    Absolutely no correlation here.
    BUT : Its quite often , that wider apertures are paired with an even larger lens +Image circle to make better use of the sweetspot of a lens.
    But in the case of the 16-35mm2,8L the borders may be even wider, but the outer areas of the image circle are not as sharp as this newer 16-35/f4 IS USM.

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering if anybody knew what the closest equivalent MFDB would be, when the new Sony A7RII is stitched to a 645 area (as Daf pointed out earlier might be possible)? The sensor pitch of the A7RII is 4.5 µm. I am guessing it would be over 100mp or something like that...

Am not smart enough to figure it out myself unfortunately

Post Thanks / Like

Given a 40.4 x 53.9mm back (I got that from an !Q3 60MP back spec that has a 6um pixel) then it would be 107MP at 4.5um.

Post Thanks / Like

If my math is right, I'm getting 106.5 MP. I went with the dimensions of the IQ3 80 which is slightly smaller (physically) than the IQ3 60.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OK - today I have gotten the Canon EF-L 2,8/24-70 II USM

But there is bad news. This lens is not delivering more than 3-5mm of shift (maximum is at about 28mm). So no table here, I consider this as not recommendable.

Of course full tilt of 10 degrees will be possible, so for Portraits or similar that is still nice, but for all shift solutions this lens is no deal.
    It "may be possible" that removing the inner covers of the rear lens will improve this a bit as there is a narrow "hole" and the lens shifts inside when zooming to the longer range,
    but this is more work and I believe there are other lenses in this longer range which will work better out of the box, e.g. the 55-110 of the mamiya 645 or the short Pentax 645 zooms.

So - that was a nice try , but unfortunately not with the needed result.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

But there is bad news. This lens is not delivering more than 3-5mm of shift (maximum is at about 28mm). So no table here, I consider this as not recommendable.

Of course full tilt of 10 degrees will be possible, so for Portraits or similar that is still nice, but for all shift solutions this lens is no deal.
    It "may be possible" that removing the inner covers of the rear lens will improve this a bit as there is a narrow "hole" and the lens shifts inside when zooming to the longer range,
    but this is more work and I believe there are other lenses in this longer range which will work better out of the box, e.g. the 55-110 of the mamiya 645 or the short Pentax 645 zooms.

So - that was a nice try , but unfortunately not with the needed result.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    Thank you for this info.

Post Thanks / Like

Stefan
    Greetings from Hong Kong
    When will you post some images?
    It's a really promising product but usable image circles are a bit subjective and it would be great to be able to see images.
    g

Post Thanks / Like

But there is bad news. This lens is not delivering more than 3-5mm of shift (maximum is at about 28mm). So no table here, I consider this as not recommendable.....
    Is it possible that the new 24-70/4 canon lens can work better, any chance you can test it?

....I believe there are other lenses in this longer range which will work better out of the box, e.g. the 55-110 of the mamiya 645 or the short Pentax 645 zooms.
    How do you mount those lenses on the TS V2 eos to sony mount? Do you need additional adapters?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Folks

I just finished some articles for german digit! magazine 04/2015 so I was really busy.

Now - from the EOS front mount of the HCam Master TS you can use either EOS mount lenses, but of course also ALL others that can be adapted to an EOS mount.

here now the requested first shots (I did them already some days ago, but sorry - I am running out of time.) these are shot with the Canon EF-L 11-24mm set to about 20mm @f11
    on a Sony A7R. the cutout is at 100%. I would say - this is about 10mm shift, the Museum Brandhorst in Munich is pretty high, see people as a comparison, but it doesn´t look like the lens has any problems at all with this amount of shift. Next post will be shorter focal length.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2448-klein.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	421.7 KB 
ID:	93464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2448-cutout.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	825.5 KB 
ID:	93465  

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is another shot from that series - Canon 11-24mm at about 16mm @f11 roughly 12mm shift I did brush the top corners of the sky a bit.
    See cutout - this lens is a Killer.

Name:	_DSC2458-V2cut.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	426.3 KB 
ID:	93471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2458-V2small.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	456.9 KB 
ID:	93470  

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here are some fast shots of the new version HCam Master TS V2- I will do better stuff for ads soon.

But you can already see how much bigger we made the inner opening, which allows to get spectacular movements from many interesting lenses.
    Here shown with my actual favourit - the "budget TS for everyday work" Canon 16-35mm f4 IS USM II.

Name:	IMG_4764kl.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	895.0 KB 
ID:	93472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4802kl.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	93473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4799kl.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	807.4 KB 
ID:	93474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4798kl.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	904.3 KB 
ID:	93475  

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another shot from that series - Canon 11-24mm at about 16mm @f11 roughly 12mm shift I did brush the top corners of the sky a bit.
    See cutout - this lens is a Killer.
    Thanks Stefan
    I think it would be even more interesting to see part of the building in the corner of the frame. I realize that this does not make sense visually but it would allow us to review actual sharpness at given combinations of shift and focal length
    Would that be possible?
    Thanks
    Grischa

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some fast shots of the new version HCam Master TS V2- I will do better stuff for ads soon.

But you can already see how much bigger we made the inner opening, which allows to get spectacular movements from many interesting lenses.
    Here shown with my actual favourit - the "budget TS for everyday work" Canon 16-35mm f4 IS USM II.

Stefan - I have been following this thread since the beginning. I would be most interested to see a 3 panel, vertical stitch of an interior with your Canon 16 -35mm. I am so close to committing to this setup.

Thank you for all your updates on your progress and testing.

Cheers

chk

Post Thanks / Like

I second CHK.
    Would be great to see some shots from the 16-35mm at say the 22mm-28mm range.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Stefan,

Can you tell me how you adapt the FD lenses since the HCam Master is EF mount? Or are they all converted via Ed Mika mount?

Cheers,

Daniel

Chris writes "sharp", I said the "whole image circle".
    Doing architecture like in the sample I showed, includes sky very often and the corners may be neglected as the contain either sky or some trees or just not important parts of other buildings.
    And also: I wrote you can focus the "unsharp areas" nearly perfectly, but because there is a field curvature (astigmatism) nearing the borders it may or may not work to use it.

This is no different than with large format lenses we used the last 150 years on viewcameras. It´s up to the photographer to creatively use these effects and build images that hold up.

About the Leica glass: I once had some Leica R lenses and also tested some:
    my Impression is that with the exception of the wideangles, the lenses from 50mm and up were always built like little MF lenses with shorter Flange focal distance, having plenty of excess image circle to be able to use the center sharpness sweetspot.

My favourite fun lenses i use on the HCam Master TS are
    1,2 55mm (an old Vivitar sold in Germany as Revuenon) dream bokeh - tilted it´s even better
    1,2 85mm Canon FD-L (with Ed Mika mount to EF) THE Portrait monster tilted !
    2,0 100mm Canon FD
    2,0 135mm Canon FD

1,4 35mm Samyang
    2,0 28mm Canon FD

and of course the 2,8/ 14-24mm Nikkor at open aperture tilted at 14mm
    Same fun 11mm full tilted with the Canon 11-24mm EF-L

The possibilities are endless. And 10 degrees of tilt are already "A LOT" !

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Stefan,

Can you tell me how you adapt the FD lenses since the HCam Master is EF mount? Or are they all converted via Ed Mika mount?

Cheers,

Daniel
    Hi Daniel

exactly. We have a cooperation with Ed Mika here in Europe and we even offer to remount FD lenses to EF mounts for customers if they want.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

There is no space for a cable to go into the 360 degree rotation and not get torn !!!!!
    True. The rotator is a problem... which probably could be solved only by two ways:

- wireless connection. Forget about that, I've never mentioned it.

- allow me a german word, because i don't have the english word at my hands... i know you'll understand it: "Schleifkontakte". Increase the outer diameter of the rotator, maybe then there's enough space for a board on one side and brushes on the other one. You could possibly wire the last few inches (shifting) by cable and add Electronics from Fotodiox or Metabones. Just imagine a 11-24mm TS lens with aperture control, AF and EXIF data... oh, the possibilities!

Anybody tested the Tokina 16-28mm yet? DXOMark looks very promising, at least regarding resolution and distortion.