The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HCam Master TS 11-24mm

Stefan Steib

HCam Master TS 11-24mm

Ladies and Gentlemen - worlds first 11-24mm Shift and Tilt System
over 130 degrees of Image angle diagonal, up to 15mm of shift and unseen Movements with a Superwideangle ZOOM !

More to come soon.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Stefan Steib

Well the Nikon has a way to operate the aperture, but the Canon is a better lens,
BUT at double the price.........
The Nikon already does the job very well, the Canon does it outstanding !
It is sharp to the corners already wide open in all focal length.
The Nikon is of course some years older ,but has f2,8.
the Canon is latest technology and probably the product of the year 2015
I´m serious, this lens is a milestone, there isn´t even vignetting (better than the 17TS-E!) at 11 mm !!!

V

Vivek

I think it is best to have electrical connections like the metabones, vitorex etc adapters. I would find it a big hassle.

BJNY

Well the Nikon has a way to operate the aperture, but the Canon is a better lens,
BUT at double the price.........
The Nikon already does the job very well, the Canon does it outstanding !
It is sharp to the corners already wide open in all focal length.
The Nikon is of course some years older ,but has f2,8.
the Canon is latest technology and probably the product of the year 2015
I´m serious, this lens is a milestone, there isn´t even vignetting (better than the 17TS-E!) at 11 mm !!!
Hi Stefan,

Does Canon 11-24mm have mojo / micro-contrast [similar to Zeiss]?

Last edited:

iiiNelson

I think it is best to have electrical connections like the metabones, vitorex etc adapters. I would find it a big hassle.
Agreed that it SHOULD be fully integrated or at least as integrated as it can possibly be with the host body. If I had to own a Canon body to use the lens then I'd just use it on a Canon body or buy a 17 T/S instead more than likely.

Just one opinion though. Looking forward to your test shots though.

I've tried the pre-stop down trick using my Metabones adapter. It's a piece of cake. S K Grimes is making me a Canon mount lens board for my Arca. So, while always having the lens at f/9 is slightly annoying, the Arca will provide WAY more control than a TS-e does.

CB

Stefan Steib

I would say this lens is on par with the best wideangles ever built - like the Distagon 15mm. Here is one shot (but not shifted), done with the Sony A7R and the 11-24mm at 11mm

Hi Stefan
That does sound interesting. You mention 15mm shift. That sounds pretty incredible on a 35mm system. Can you elaborate. What is the shift at say 11mm, 14mm, 16mm, 20mm, 24mm. Can you provide a price the setup?

Last edited:

rupho

Hi Stefan
Would you happen to have any info on the shift amounts at lets say 11, 14, 20 and 24 mm. 15 mm sounds too good to be true not even the 17TSE got an image circle that supports that amount of shift.

HCam Master TS 11-24mm

Ladies and Gentlemen - worlds first 11-24mm Shift and Tilt System
over 130 degrees of Image angle diagonal, up to 15mm of shift and unseen Movements with a Superwideangle ZOOM !

More to come soon.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Hi Rupho
If you read Stefan's brief text it says UP TO 15mm. The shift on the 14-24mm Nikon is UP TO 10mm. It is FROM 4mm.
If the Canon offers such a high shift or anywhere close through all of the focal ranges than I am very very interested but we need more info. That and the fact I could have rise/fall with shift for a panoramic would be fantaaaaboulous!!

Stefan Steib

Hi Folks

I am right now calculating the final prices and are preparing the product launch - this is a new Product, I can already say that the HCam Master TS is now version 2, modified for the 11-24mm Lens and some more improvements.

I will do a table with the possible movements tomorrow and post here, on LL and on my FB hcam.de pages.

So more tomorrow.

I just checked and all the images are indeed gone on the Master TS 14-24mm Thread. Anyone of the admins has an explanation ?

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hard to say Stefan, Bob has made major improvements to the site I mean major improvements. We did lose PMs and some other things. Bob may have more answers but nothing intentional from our end. Actually we are all quite interested in your development of these products. Maybe send Bob a PM and see if he has any answers. Losing any data from our end is something we want to avoid.

Stefan Steib

As promised here fresh from the calculator the pricelist.

One drawback - our eloxing will take longer than expected,
we´ll have some delay from this, the final versions will be shipping in 4 weeks, I had expected these to be ready in 2, but .....that´s life.
Tomorrow I´ll post a nice file with all the possible shifts on all focal lengths

Greetings from Germany
Stefan