The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7ii Plus Leica 35mm Pre ASPH and Sony 28mm 2.0

AlejandroI

Hi guys I am new to the forum. I recently got a a7ii to use with Leica Lenses and the only sony lens i bought a 28mm :)

I am mostly a Leica user, but decided to give a try to the A7ii with a voigtlander adapter, because of the results i been seen on the web.

Camera is really nice to use, but did bump into some issues. For example: iso was set to the scroll wheel, i had to change it since it was changing the iso easily. I set to the original position, wheel pushed to the right and also. So i set it the FN, and perfect I am shooting in auto iso so no need to be moving it that much.

Also , I can not seem to set the minimum speed for auto iso. This is really bad, you should be able to tell the camera the minimum speed or like in other systems, 1/2F... Will be really great if they could change this and the camera to determine the focal length base on the settings in the stabilisation settings. For example if I put the 50mm with the adapter or the 75mm, it still gives me a minimum speed of 60, not good. And last the battery, with my other cameras, I last a day completely shooting and only return home with 25% of drain. Wit the Sony was only a few hours outside and returned with less then 30% of battery. Think 2 extras batteries might now be enough, (I have airplane mode on, and normal quality for the screen).

Besides those issues i think the camera has great image quality and its really fun to use. No smearing nor color shift with the 35mm.

Please follow some examples, comments and critics welcome! Still getting use to the files.

With the 35mm:

DSC06910 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

DSC06918 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

DSC06859 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

DSC06864 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

DSC06916 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

And with the native 28mm:

DSC06520 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

DSC06455 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

DSC06427 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

DSC06525 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr