The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

seb

The look of each person on the image, makes it great. :)
He looks at her. She is thinking and not looking. The woman in the center is playing pokemon. The three women in the back sees something strange at a higher position to the right.

Last edited:

ICHBINSpunktDE

_DSC4142.jpg
"Der Kobold war's" (translation: the Kobold did it)
ILCE7RM2, PC-Nikkor 3.5/28mm, f/11

_DSC4211.jpg
"Mauerfall" (translation: fallen Wall)
ILCE7RM2, PC-Nikkor 3.5/28mm, f/11

_DSC2847.jpg
Raining in 3, 2, 1...
ILCE7RM2, Tamron 2.8/15-30mm@15mm, f/11

A fine capture with interesting subject matter, detail, and tonal range - but I can't see how blue toning adds further improvement?

Kirk

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks Kirk,

I suppose it's only personal with things like toning, you may well be right. I wasn't trying to improve things, necessarily, just that there are so many different ways to alter images with Silver Efex that it's difficult to know when to stop!! Anyway here it is no toned.
1000 ASA 1/60 @ 1.8.
Thanks for your interesting comments and posts:thumbup:

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

mediumcool

About ICHBINSpunktDE’s post from two days ago …

I found the first (vertical) picture uninteresting, in part because of the blown highlights at the top (too much whitewash; not enough soot!) ;)

The second is more interesting, but the looming, empty black shadow in the right foreground (and in other dark areas, though less so) distracts me mightily (too much soot; not enough whitewash!—my eyes skid over these parts of the frame) ;)

View attachment 120363

Raining in 3, 2, 1 …
ILCE7RM2, Tamron 2.8/15-30mm@15mm, f/11

The third picture is compositionally more assured—in a traditional way—and with greater detail and texture in dark (sooty!) areas. More detail assists in getting and holding my old-fogey attention. ;)

The a7R II has a phenomenal dynamic range and it is disappointing to not see a gorgeously-full tonal range in its output (I am assuming Raw originals—if not, all bets are off!). And the sharpening—did I mention the sharpening?

This is my opinion, nothing more, and worth what you paid for it, ICHBINSpunktDE!

Last edited:

mediumcool

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
The Hague, SOny E 20/2.8, SOny NEX-5NM
It is so very sad to see the level of abject poverty in the Netherlands—so many young people forced to parade about in worn, torn denim!

Perhaps we in Australia should start collecting all the old (but not torn) jeans no longer fashionable here to send over to you; it’s a heart-rending situation! :cry:

Nice tonality in this one BTW!

Saxbike

Visited the Kennedy Space Ctr last week. Bright sun outside and well lit exhibits inside.

Kennedy Space Ctr #1

Camera Model: ILCE-7; Lens: FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS; Focal Length: 16 mm; Aperture: f/4.0; Exposure Time: 0.017 sec (1/60); ISO: 1250

Kennedy Space Ctr #2

Camera Model: ILCE-7; Lens: FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS; Focal Length: 16 mm; Aperture: f/4.0; Exposure Time: 0.033 sec (1/30); ISO: 1250

Kennedy Space Ctr #3

Camera Model: ILCE-7; Lens: FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS;Focal Length: 29 mm; Aperture: f/4.0; Exposure Time: 0.1 sec (1/10); ISO: 1250

Kennedy Space Ctr #4

Lens: E 85mm F1.8; Aperture: f/11.0; Exposure Time: 0.002 sec (1/500); ISO: 320

Kennedy Space Ctr #5

Lens: E 85mm F1.8;Aperture: f/11.0; Exposure Time: 0.003 sec (1/320); ISO: 320

Kennedy Space Ctr #6

Lens: FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS; Focal Length: 24 mm; Aperture: f/8.0; Exposure Time: 0.001 sec (1/800); ISO: 320