The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Total Immolation of an A7 - Pt2 - Now Nex7

pflower

Purely for amusement.

Some of you were most kind to express concern and sympathy over a recent car explosion leading to the destruction of my A7 plus 55mm f1.8. Wandering around the site my wife found the remains of the camera. Let this be a salutary lesson to all of you - this is what happens if you put your camera into an inferno. Possibly Sony should be alert to the fragility of their products when exposed to perfectly normal every day immolation. Presumably the A24 will not only be weather sealed but will withstand explosions.

Anyway whilst waiting for the cheque from the insurance company and awaiting any exciting announcements from Sony, I went back to my Nex7. Despite an almost incomprehensible menu system and numerous configurable buttons (which I have never worked out how to program properly), I had forgotten how good it is. Sony may not make cameras that can withstand major fires but they do make good cameras.

4season

If it were mine, I'd list it on eBay just to see what would happen :LOL: You never know! I've seen iPhones which had been completely destroyed (as in: Not a single salvageable part) fetch $50.

pflower

If it were mine, I'd list it on eBay just to see what would happen :LOL: You never know! I've seen iPhones which had been completely destroyed (as in: Not a single salvageable part) fetch $50.
I was vaguely thinking of vacuum sealing it and then framing it. The photo doesn't really do it justice. There is something about it that is really rather enticing as a piece of sculpture.

V

Vivek

Given the severity, you should be thanking your lucky stars that you got out on time.