The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sony A7RII announcement

V

Vivek

Too bad it costs $3200 and won't be here til August... I need people to drop their A7II so I can upgrade my A7 :D
Look at the details. The A7rII has an improved 5 axis stabilization. Worth saving and waiting.

Stefan Steib

Oh what a healthy and nice baby : It´s a boy !
and it has 4k 5 axis stabilized hairs on his chest.

OMG - I´m in love !

Yummy.

The money sits here. I wish it already was August !!!

This is a true innovative camera. Wake up Canon and Nikon !

iiiNelson

Yeah I think they checked every single box people complained about the last 18 months - improved shutter, 5-axis, silent shutter, internal 4K, improved ISO, cutting edge sensor, usability improvements, improved ergonomics, and improved AF etc. Obviously no official word either way on uncompressed RAW's only the mention of 14-bit readout and ARW2.3 for the RAW format.

If you don't like this camera ON PAPER at least then you're just biased.

Seriously with the 35 Distagon, 55 Sonnar, the 25 Batis, the 85 Batis, the 28FE, the Loxia's, and all those zooms + the adaptable nature of the FE mount what more would you need from a flexible standpoint.

So much for the day belonging to the Leica Q hype.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I can breath again. This is exactly what i was hoping for. They fixed everything and added great features

Guy Mancuso

Yeah I think they checked every single box people complained about the last 18 months - improved shutter, 5-axis, silent shutter, internal 4K, improved ISO, cutting edge sensor, usability improvements, improved ergonomics, and improved AF etc.

If you don't like this camera ON PAPER at least then you're just biased.

Seriously with the 35 Distagon, 55 Sonnar, the 25 Batis, the 85 Batis, the 28FE, the Loxia's, and all those zooms + the adaptable nature of the FE mount what more would you need from a flexible standpoint.

So much for the day belonging to the Leica Q hype.
This cures any Leica desire for me.

turtle

Phenomenal.

The FE system is going places. One can only imagine what will happen if they should announce an 'A9' with all this, rugged body and improved A6000 type AF.

I am still very happy with my Mk I A7 and A7R, but a time will come when I do eventually jump up to the next (or even Mk III) generation. I now know the footing is already very firm indeed. I think the A7S II is going to be very interesting indeed. What a line up Sony is creating and with the new Batis lenses as well.....

Stefan Steib

I also think it is a very wise decision to go not higher on resolution.
Instead they have this BSI CMOS which actually collects 2 stops more light than the previous larger pixels of the A7R sensor.
And no: Nikon did not get this first for a "910".

Sony has grown up and shows it.

jfirneno

Hold onto your seats folks. The Sony roller coaster has just reached the top of the hill. Now comes the 8 gravity fall as every blogger rips into the camera over anything and everything. There's nothing like the manic/depressive experience of every Sony release. But it really sounds incredible on paper. If the AF is even close to the A6000 then we've reached the promised land and heaven help Canikon.

Guy Mancuso

From what I am reading on the black frame sensor you will be able to use Leica M wides as it spreads the light more evenly across the frame, which is the issue today.

iiiNelson

I also think it is a very wise decision to go not higher on resolution.
Instead they have this BSI CMOS which actually collects 2 stops more light than the previous larger pixels of the A7R sensor.
And no: Nikon did not get this first for a "910".

Sony has grown up and shows it.
I remember them stating in an interview that they have some sensors that they wouldn't sell to the competition first if at all essentially. Looks like they put their sensor where their mouth was leading.

I would almost gather if they did part it out that they'd charge so much that either no one would want it or that Nikon would have to put it into a D4x/D5 to make it profitable.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Read this carefully

As the world's first1 35 mm full-frame image sensor with back-illuminated structure, this 42.4-megapixel CMOS sensor enhances light collection efficiency, expands circuitry scale, and, with the help of a quick-transmission copper wiring layer, outputs data about 3.5 times faster4, while minimizing image noise to reveal fine details in every picture.