The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sony A7RII announcement

V

Vivek

Other bonuses for those that care - Flash sync is 1/250 instead of 1/160 like on the A7RmkI and you are able to bracket with up to 9 shots now.
That is only with the Sony system flashes. With a single point contact, it will be ~1/200s tops. Still better than before.

V

Vivek

I didn't see anything related to uncompressed RAWs, I wonder if there's anything different there. Not a big deal for me, but I know some folks had issues with it the A7 series RAWs.
Yeah, no word on that?

biglouis

Fantastic specification. Really amazing. Nothing like pi$$ing all over Leica's party.

Is it me or does the new A7RII actually combine the A7R and A7S. I mean, why would you own both bodies? I'm thinking of the claimed hi-iso settings and the benefits of IBIS.

LouisB

k-hawinkler

Fantastic specification. Really amazing. Nothing like pi$$ing all over Leica's party.

Is it me or does the new A7RII actually combine the A7R and A7S. I mean, why would you own both bodies? I'm thinking of the claimed hi-iso settings and the benefits of IBIS.

LouisB

I agree with you. The back-illuminated CMOS sensor seems to make that possible, doesn't it?

iiiNelson

LouisB
I'd imagine that the A7RII is only truly usable for max resolution prints up to somewhere between 12800-25600... You can still get great (albeit smaller) prints from a A7S at ISO 51200+.

iiiNelson

That is only with the Sony system flashes. With a single point contact, it will be ~1/200s tops. Still better than before.
I haven't experienced any issues with the Nissin i40 or the PCB Einstein personally but I don't use them too often.

ashwinrao1

Have others seen this line in the A7R2 announcement?

"By early 2016, Sony will add an additional 8 new lenses to its FE full frame lineup, bringing the FE total to 20 lenses and the overall α -mount assortment to 70 different models."

ashwinrao1

In terms of set up, people have wondered: why have an A7s? Well, imagine a backlit A7s sensor with the Mark II body specs? We know that's next. I would suspect high ISO's in the 1,000,000 range (imagine that headline)....

Then we'll all be wanting an A7RII/A7SII combo to cover every shooting situation....For 99%, this is all that anyone could ever want or need, other than a complementary set of smaller lenses to go with that kit.....

iiiNelson

Have others seen this line in the A7R2 announcement?

"By early 2016, Sony will add an additional 8 new lenses to its FE full frame lineup, bringing the FE total to 20 lenses and the overall α -mount assortment to 70 different models."
I did not but maybe there's an updated roadmap floating around somewhere.