The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sony A7RII announcement

iiiNelson

Hold onto your seats folks. The Sony roller coaster has just reached the top of the hill. Now comes the 8 gravity fall as every blogger rips into the camera over anything and everything. There's nothing like the manic/depressive experience of every Sony release. But it really sounds incredible on paper. If the AF is even close to the A6000 then we've reached the promised land and heaven help Canikon.
Absolutely but at the end of the day the pictures tell more than the subjective words they state. I have no doubt though that the usual suspects will praise it and the others will bash it... As usual.

From what I am reading on the black frame sensor you will be able to use Leica M wides as it spreads the light more evenly across the frame, which is the issue today.
Only by changing the filter stack thickness would solve the smearing problem. BSI would solve the vignette and color cast issue. Heck, it might be as good as my A7s right now in term. I thought I was excited about the Q this morning, but this one just took my breath away. The question is whether I should preorder the darn camera or wait for the pro A9. :D. Serious GAS attack.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Only by changing the filter stack thickness would solve the smearing problem. BSI would solve the vignette and color cast issue. Heck, it might be as good as my A7s right now in term. I thought I was excited about the Q this morning, but this one just took my breath away. The question is whether I should preorder the darn camera or wait for the pro A9. :D. Serious GAS attack.
This is going to be interesting to see what happens with this. Have to get more details for sure.

Guy Mancuso

Have to say I have not been this excited in years over a camera. Im so freaking thrilled I can't tell you. Finally this gets far closer to my old MF system that i had to give up. This is a personal issue getting rid of my MF system. If I can get far closer than I will get over all that past stuff of being forced to sell. For those that know me well they will get my meaning.

iiiNelson

Other bonuses for those that care - Flash sync is 1/250 instead of 1/160 like on the A7RmkI and you are able to bracket with up to 9 shots now.

Stefan Steib

Have to say I have not been this excited in years over a camera. Im so freaking thrilled I can't tell you. Finally this gets far closer to my old MF system that i had to give up. This is a personal issue getting rid of my MF system. If I can get far closer than I will get over all that past stuff of being forced to sell. For those that know me well they will get my meaning.
Guy - closer to MF ? I can only guess this sensor will surpass the 15 stops easily, will reach ISO´s you have never dreamed of on MF and that 5x a second.......

Take that old dried tear and wipe it off. Here comes the future !

ggibson

I didn't see anything related to uncompressed RAWs, I wonder if there's anything different there. Not a big deal for me, but I know some folks had issues with it the A7 series RAWs.

Agree no question. I wonder if the filter stack has changed also though. It may solve some of the issues. I don't any Leica glass so not a big concern for me although I would love a Leica M 18mm
Will test my ZM 15 on this body when I have my paws on it. Diverting fund from the Q to this baby. Are you going to pre-order this one Guy? What about the A9 :D? I guess we have to live in the here and now.

Guy Mancuso

Im ordering this one. It hits all my check marks. I was happy with the A7r but this fixes all the issues and than some. Im awesome with that. I have the Vertical grip already.

Guy Mancuso

Guy - closer to MF ? I can only guess this sensor will surpass the 15 stops easily, will reach ISO´s you have never dreamed of on MF and that 5x a second.......

Take that old dried tear and wipe it off. Here comes the future !
Your probably right too. LOL

Guy Mancuso

I didn't see anything related to uncompressed RAWs, I wonder if there's anything different there. Not a big deal for me, but I know some folks had issues with it the A7 series RAWs.
I saw 14 bit but nothing about how its done

iiiNelson

Will test my ZM 15 on this body when I have my paws on it. Diverting fund from the Q to this baby. Are you going to pre-order this one Guy? What about the A9 :D? I guess we have to live in the here and now.
Imagine that happiness your financial planner will feel when you save $1000 by choosing the Sony over the Leica.

k-hawinkler

Agree no question. I wonder if the filter stack has changed also though. It may solve some of the issues. I don't any Leica glass so not a big concern for me although I would love a Leica M 18mm
Well, I am sure my WATE 16-18-21/4 will excel on this camera!

kdphotography

Well I know what this really means. The best deals are going to start next week in the GetDPI buy/sell forum as Guy starts selling off his like new gear stash to fund the new Sony A7rII....

:ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Well I know what this really means. The best deals are going to start next week in the GetDPI buy/sell forum as Guy starts selling off his like new gear stash to fund the new Sony A7rII....

:ROTFL:
Actually this maybe perfect timing my big gig is over and my smugmug money rolls in the beginning of August. My sales maybe very small. If been waiting for this one.