The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pre Order

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I had to use Amazon for my pre-order . Apparently B&H puts a full price hold on your credit card. Well excuse me I don't have that, I got stuff to sell first. Pissed me off. No love for poor Pros. LOL

Ergh

I'm curious about that too. Apparently Sony store still doesn't have the pre-order page yet. I have Sony reward points and discounts that I would like to put toward this purchase. But for now, I place an order on Amazon.

V

Vivek

Sony here wants full payment for preorders. :(

Also, it looks like the total taxes went up by 6% to 28%. :eek:

JMaher

Just to clarify. B&H places a temporary hold on available funds on your credit card. I'm not sure why they bother since it will drop off of your account in a few days. They will charge you upon shipping.
-Jim

ddanois

Interesting that Amazon lists approximate shipping around Aug 30th whereas B&H is listing July 28th on the pre-order confirmation. Fingers crossed that we're in the first batch!

Glorious Days!

Guy Mancuso

Just to clarify. B&H places a temporary hold on available funds on your credit card. I'm not sure why they bother since it will drop off of your account in a few days. They will charge you upon shipping.
-Jim
PITA they are. LOL

k-hawinkler

Interesting that Amazon lists approximate shipping around Aug 30th whereas B&H is listing July 28th on the pre-order confirmation. Fingers crossed that we're in the first batch!

Glorious Days!
I don't believe the July 28th date. Do you?

ddanois

Not really but they have been know to get a small initial allotment which they consider the shipping date. I have in fact received a pre-order from B&H well before the Sony online store.

Oh well...pre-order is in and the anticipation starts.

Guy Mancuso

No I don't either. I think they have everything screwed up but will see. Im cash poor until August 9th anyway. LOL

Interestingly I will still will be in NY on the 27th leaving that day to come home.

Godfrey

I've stopped ordering anything from Amazon since they have lost the ability to deliver what I've paid for reliably, securely, and with reasonable tracking or recourse to the shipper.

When I order something, I do it with cash backing whatever payment instrument I use. B&H always puts a hold on the funds, always have, so I just presume that and keep going. They deliver reliably, consistently, and with full tracking enabled.

G

iiiNelson

I actually do. The last few Sony lenses (24-240,35/1.4, and 28/2) have shipped about 1-2 weeks earlier than expected. I think the going timeframe was the first week of August so late July doesn't seem unreasonable.

stephen.s1

I'm in at B&H... I see they don't use BML unless it's now known as PP credit.

Bill me Later always got paid immediately... Which i thought was not so good
but being able to use someone else's money for six months without interest was great!

At any rate shipment by late July will be good.

Guy Mancuso

I've stopped ordering anything from Amazon since they have lost the ability to deliver what I've paid for reliably, securely, and with reasonable tracking or recourse to the shipper.

When I order something, I do it with cash backing whatever payment instrument I use. B&H always puts a hold on the funds, always have, so I just presume that and keep going. They deliver reliably, consistently, and with full tracking enabled.

G
Oh so you have a REAL job. LOL

Kidding

Im just a poor slug. LOL

Actual Amazon is far easier on the return and 30 days, more important almost immediate refund. B&H you got 14 days and slow on the refund. I"ll do what I always do as B&H always pops some in on sale during first batch. I can't tell you how many times I did that trick

Jim DE

BML is PayPal Credit now......... and yes it starts at the time you order... even pre order...... I used it for the Tamron 150-600mm that ended up being released 10 months later than initially stated for A mount .... that sucked I kid you not.

Smoothjazz

Is there any advantage to ordering from the Sony website directly?
I have never quite understood their points or reward system.