The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII delivery dates and last minute availability

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I thought I would start this since this morning I got a email from Amazon that the shipping date has moved to August 7th. B&H and others are still showing the 5th. Now I am on the first wave with Amazon but rather not pay the tax. I will if I have too but I think it be nice if we reported shipping dates and any availability since I'm sure some members could use this information. I do have a dealer trying to beat my Amazon deadline but these folks really don't know what amounts they are recieveing until they show up. Any extras they sell. So help the dealers , help the members. It's good Karma

Btw the tax on this is like 269 dollars so maybe we can help members avoid that. I hate taxes. Lol

Jim DE

Guy if you pre order from the USA Sony store and use the phone number rather than ordering it online you can offset your sales taxes IF you are going to want to buy some accessories as well as the body. I have posted this before but I got 15% of the retail price of my a7rII body in cash to apply toward accessories at the time of the purchase. That was over $500usd to apply towards accessories. I used it for a vertical grip and a couple batteries and paid for the body and the 5 year full warranty extended coverage. Their ship date remains August 4th with free one day shipping which was also given with the 15% off acc offer.

Now that doesn't stop sales tax (I don't have to pay sales taxes due to where I live) I don't think but it will surely negate their impact with the accessories.

Jim DE

Well, I just now got a notification that the USA Sony Online Store is closing... 8/28/15 @ 1pm PST is it's last day so if you have coupons or whatever to cash in do it quickly.

They also stated Sony is going to "soon unveil a new online product showcase and more ways to shop" Whatever that means???

Anyway that is the email I just received from them.........

scho

I just returned tonight from a tour in Nova Scotia/PEI and received an email from Amazon stating that my order is scheduled to ship on 8/5 and arrive 8/6, but no tracking # yet.

Guy Mancuso

Wow thats great. Mine said the 7th and man i was on that order within a half hour too.

I may call Sony Monday. Im home and just getting all my funds ready in the correct account to pay for this dang thing. LOL

Been away for like 3 weeks and forgot what my house looked like. LOL

Guy Mancuso

How do you read this. Is this to me or to ship by

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 17, 2015 (Order# xxxxxxxxxxxx):

"Sony ILCE7RM2/B a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera, Body Only"
Estimated arrival date: August 07, 2015

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

When I look at my order it still says the 5th. I did have 2 day delivery

ddanois

Guy,

I received the same email. I called and they said that it's the date that it should arrive to me. Good times!

Derek

Guy Mancuso

Just changed my payment option to Amazon and bumped up the shipping to One day. So now everything looks correct arriving at my door on the 6th. Im going for it. whats a little tax and I get it as promised.

dandrewk

This is going to be a FUN week coming up! More so than any other lens or camera that I can recall.

It's December 25th, 5 AM, and we impatiently await the dawn.

Audii-Dudii

I thought I would start this since this morning I got a email from Amazon that the shipping date has moved to August 7th. B&H and others are still showing the 5th. Now I am on the first wave with Amazon but rather not pay the tax. I will if I have too but I think it be nice if we reported shipping dates and any availability since I'm sure some members could use this information. I do have a dealer trying to beat my Amazon deadline but these folks really don't know what amounts they are recieveing until they show up. Any extras they sell. So help the dealers , help the members. It's good Karma

Btw the tax on this is like 269 dollars so maybe we can help members avoid that. I hate taxes. Lol
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Guy, but the Arizona Department of Revenue requires you to pay sales tax on your A7RII purchase regardless of whether you buy it from a retailer with an Arizona presence or elsewhere. The only difference is that if you buy it from an out of state retailer, you don't pay the sales tax at the time of purchase, but a "use tax" when you file your Form 140 tax return the following year ... oh, and they also expect you to report your purchase voluntarily, rather than to chase after you for the tax that is due.

Of course, whether you comply wth the law or not is up to you (for now, anyway, although they've been known to subpoena sales records from certain large mailorder retailers and compare them to individual tax returns and send out bills with penalties when they don't match: Trust me on this, as I use to be in the tax biz, so have had clients who had to deal with this), but advising others to do the same probably isn't a wise idea on your part ... just sayin', that's all. :D

Jim DE

Gotta luv states without sales, user, or personal property taxes who also don't tax SS earnings either :D

Guy Mancuso

OK, for someone who has hesitated in ordering the A7R2 until now - what's the consensus for the best option?
The best option and this happens a lot on pre-orders with B&H is they sell there first wave of pre-orders and than addd a few for sale on line. If your lucky you can score one. Now this all depends on the pre-orders and stock sent to B&H. I would say the same for Adorama. Or some folks order in several places and actually take delivery. I have seen this numerous times where they did not get a chance to cancel there pre-order.

Other facts not everyone actually buys but they did the pre-order in so they cancel last minute and than the stores keep going looking at the list and sometimes they have more product than they do pre-orders. Now there are many great places to buy. Samy's , Allen Camera in PA, Popflash, Camera West and even your Best Buy stores.

The other good news is the price as it being a pretty high dollar figure , people tend to back off on the purchase the last minute too.

I have a Amazon order which I will get on the 6th. I could try and play the field and save on the tax but I already resided to the fact to just pay it and not play the game. My patience level is not what it once was. LOL

Im really more on the hunt for the Batis 25mm so putting more energy into that to try and score one.

Again please post if you see one in the wild ready to get snagged up. There are folks looking

dandrewk

My B&H order, placed about 11 AM PDT on the first day of ordering, just switched status from "On Order" to "New Order Processing". My CC was also charged for the next day air shipping.

It's looking good for Wednesday or Thursday delivery.

Guy Mancuso

Great news Dan. I'm worried my debit card won't let me go over 3k . They put limits on daily purchases. I'm going to buy a gift card at Amazon for 500 and apply it than it will be under 3k when they charge me. Might be a safe idea. Dang banks get weird sometimes.

iiiNelson

Great news Dan. I'm worried my debit card won't let me go over 3k . They put limits on daily purchases. I'm going to buy a gift card at Amazon for 500 and apply it than it will be under 3k when they charge me. Might be a safe idea. Dang banks get weird sometimes.
Most banks will let you exceed the daily limit of you call them and let them know what charge to expect and for how much.

I went the Gift Card way since Paypal was such a hassle to raise the limit. They can't raise the limit ahead of time, so I have to call them on the 5th instead. Hopefully the 6th delivery is the real deal.