The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII Auto ISO & minimum shutter speed

michaelstokes

Has anyone tested Auto Iso on the new A7RII? I received mine today and have been trying it out with a Sony 24-70 and Leica M lenses. This is my first Sony and I am coming from the Leica M and Nikon D800E. It is in aperture priority mode but the minimum shutter speed does not seem to have any effect. This is how it works on the Nikon without any problems. The good news is that my 24, 35, 50 and 90mm M lenses to to work ok. However, I have not checked them yet on the laptop for any stage colour smearing etc.

Knorp

Not sure this helps, but from the manual:

Note

If the exposure is insufficient even when the ISO sensitivity is set to [ISO AUTO Maximum] in [ISO AUTO], in order to shoot with an appropriate exposure, the shutter speed will be slower than the speed set in [ISO AUTO Min. SS].

michaelstokes

Not sure this helps, but from the manual:
Thanks for the quick response. I noticed that as well in the user guide. The ISO was set at the highest, so it should have worked. Interestingly, I tried it this morning with my Leica 24mm M lens (+ Novoflex adaptor) and its working ok. Will reset everything and try it later with the Sony lens.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's not reading that Leica lens exit data ,so it really has no idea what aperture you are at. Now it most likely works with a Metabones/ Canon lens because it's reading the Exif from the lens.