The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tethering A7RII issues

rupho

I was in the believe that Capture One 8.3.2 natively supports Sony A7RII tethering (mac Version) without need for Sony's "Play Memory" software.
Camera is set to "PC Remote" yet C1 can't connect to the Sony. What am I missing?
thanks
Grischa

daf

Strange. I've been using that combination for the last few days with no issues whatsoever.
Hi,
Is the liveview function finnaly working properly with this a7rii?
Can you zoom in for focus?
If you are applying lens correction, can you see the image with correction applyed in the liveview?
Thanks

Owen

Hi,
Is the liveview function finnaly working properly with this a7rii?
Can you zoom in for focus?
If you are applying lens correction, can you see the image with correction applyed in the liveview?
Thanks
Yes, finally! Zooming in seemly to require doing so on the camera at which point the C1 live view follows along. Perhaps there's a way to control it through C1 but I've only used this feature briefly. I'm not applying lens correction (Canon TS-E and Pentax 645 lenses) but did check quickly just now and it doesn't seem to be applying them live. It's a serious improvement over the A7R in every way and no longer feels like a toy camera.

rupho

OK problem solved,
C1 preferences had Sony cameras ticket off under the Capture tab, once I ticked the box I had to restart C1 and after restart I needed to acknowledge new hardware.
That solved the problem
Live view is available and all works like a charm

Yes, finally! Zooming in seemly to require doing so on the camera at which point the C1 live view follows along. Perhaps there's a way to control it through C1 but I've only used this feature briefly. I'm not applying lens correction (Canon TS-E and Pentax 645 lenses) but did check quickly just now and it doesn't seem to be applying them live. It's a serious improvement over the A7R in every way and no longer feels like a toy camera.