The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

So, is it a keeper? (A7R II)

k-hawinkler

Fair enough, Karl-Heinz :thumbs:
Regrettably, someone else decided that he didn't want me to keep my A7R ... :cussing: :banghead: :cry:

Kind regards.

Thanks Bart. I remember the unfortunate incidence. Very upsetting, still!

Of course, I am keeping my A7R, in fact considering getting another A7R.
Then I could dedicate them and firmly attach them to the APO-R 280/4 and Vario-R 105-280/4.2. On a tripod my rail setup works very well with them in landscape orientation. :) But that is not conducive to changing lenses in the field.

According to Amazon, my A7RII should arrive in the time frame of the end of this month to the end of next month. Well, anyway that's their best estimate.

douglaspboyd

Another reason to keep it: The amazing Sony 28mm f2 lens!

28mm f2 FE lens just arrived from Japan. Paid $400. This lens is amazing on the A7rII, ultra-light, ultra-inconspicuous, ultra-sharp. The camera plus lens comes in under 2 pounds at 30 oz. What a great street lens. Sharpness is great even wide open, it is near the top of the charts over at DxOMark. This lens is sometimes dinged for have a bit of distortion, but this is automatically corrected for jpeg output. Jpegs are fine with the A7rII except when you plan to do HDR processing. With a bit of cropping from 42 mp, this lens also covers the 35mm range. Autofocus is fast and accurate even in low light. With this lens and this body, the promise for mirrorless has been met!

Amin

I have never agonized this much over whether to buy a camera. Something tells me I am going to have a moment of clarity once I find a place that has one in stock. Until then, :loco:.

V

Vivek

Re: Another reason to keep it: The amazing Sony 28mm f2 lens!

28mm f2 FE lens just arrived from Japan. Paid $400. This lens is amazing on the A7rII, ultra-light, ultra-inconspicuous, ultra-sharp. The camera plus lens comes in under 2 pounds at 30 oz. What a great street lens. Sharpness is great even wide open, it is near the top of the charts over at DxOMark. This lens is sometimes dinged for have a bit of distortion, but this is automatically corrected for jpeg output. Jpegs are fine with the A7rII except when you plan to do HDR processing. With a bit of cropping from 42 mp, this lens also covers the 35mm range. Autofocus is fast and accurate even in low light. With this lens and this body, the promise for mirrorless has been met!

On my A7s it is quite fast. It is good to hear that it does well on the r2 as well. :)

Hausen

Well I joined the club yesterday afternoon. So far first impressions are that cam feels great in the hand, love the matt black finish and shutter is a great improvement. Pretty happy so far and larger grip makes my Canon TS-E lenses feel a lot better balanced than the previous model.