The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7rII - Nissin Di700a /Godox AD360 Systems wireless flash

dmward

Re: A7rII and Nissin Di700a wireless flash

And you will really appreciate that once you've set the ratio using FEC + and - values, the overall FEC can be moved up or down based on the subject and conditions.

I also noticed that even though the indicator lights on the commander are 1/2 EV, there are a couple of click between them that suggest that the tuning can be more granular.

Used them at one wedding reception and loved how easy it was to adapt the lighting to the situation.
I used 600EX-RTs in TTL in Gr mode for headshots. Two in back for rim lighting, a main and a fill. The Nissin will do the same thing. Its dumb simple for assembly line shooting. Click, chimp, too dark, up 2/3 EV, click, click click, next.

Dan Bellyk

It's going to be real soon. Golden 11 month puppy Mike and she has literally destroyed our home . My baseboards and some door frames she has chewed up and about 5 places scratched the walls really bad. This is caused a major discussion in the house. It's my 18 year old sons. This continue I'll throw them both out on there ***. Lol
We just built a house a little over two years ago and amazing between the dog and my 16 year old daughter how much damage they do :facesmack:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Okay I have 1 unit set for group A and one for group B and I can adjust power in each. I think I got it

I love these things! Only had them for an hour, but I'm very impressed. So easy to control.

And they work great in my little Impact soft boxes.

Question for the group about batteries. Do you use rechargeables, or not?

Amazing how far strobes have come. My first 'real' strobe used 510 volt batteries which cost about $40 each and were only good for about 800 flashes. That's 5¢ per shot! And I was only getting paid about $80 to shoot a wedding, including proofs.

Strob-250.jpg

JMaher

Mine arrived the other day and I am just setting them up. So far so good but I probably will not really be able to test them until next week when I am going to a conference (LightPro in Hilton Head, SC) I like the size of the Air 1 - looks much smaller than an Odin and seems easy to use. I may have to find a way to use them sooner than next week :)

Jim

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Yea I would test them make sure you got everything down. Dogs are great models, sleeping ones. LOL

I ordered all new batteries. My current rechargeables seen better days

JMaher

I'll test them out to make sure I have the hang of it but they look good so far. When I get back I may order new batteries as well but no time now.

For a softbox choice like Mike has you might look at the one from Cheetah. Less money but it also includes grids, etc. I found they are a reliable supplier.

https://www.cheetahstand.com/Cheetah-QBox-16-Pro-p/q16p.htm

Jim

Last edited:

dmward

I have a couple of THESE.
They about the same lighting surface as the 15 inch quick box shown and much easier to carry around and use.

When using a modifier with a speedlite that has a speedring, either Bowens or Elinchrom THESE are useful. The outer diameter works with the quick boxes as well. Actually, I use them as the default for mounting speedlites on stands because they also have an umbrella mounting point that is right next to the speedlite.

JMaher

I have 2 of the Pro E brackets. They are great and what I now use most of the time.

Tell me more about the F-Stoppers Flash Dish. If they work well you will have cost me more $.

Jim

dmward

I have 2 of the Pro E brackets. They are great and what I now use most of the time.

Tell me more about the F-Stoppers Flash Dish. If they work well you will have cost me more $.

Jim
Jim, They are pop up frames with silvered back and edge. The front is translucent with a sown in block to kill the hot spot right in front of the flash tube. It takes about 2 seconds to put it on the speedlite, and about the same to fold if back up. As you can see from the size, it will fit into a pocket of camera bag pocket easily.

Since the Nissin Di700 NAS requires the commander is in the hot shoe, the flash disk can be used on a Di700 held in the other hand as fill. I also use one on the speedlite in the hot shoe for table shots or grab shots during cocktails especially if there is a bank of winds backlighting the area.

It fits best on the flash head with the head in its normal position which makes them a little impractical for shooting vertical.

HERE is an F Stoppers video that will give you an idea how they work.

JMaher

This forum is not good for my bank account :) Ordered a flash dish for delivery before my trip.

Jim