The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7rII Owners - List Your MINOR Complaints!

jlm

Workshop Member
lever and button don't work that way for me:

lever up: toward AF/MF: button press gives me "this operation or setting not available as follows: quality RAW" and the half press of the shutter locks focus. it is in AF only as well

lever down: toward AE: button press causes the half shutter press to lock exposure.

jm

Mine just showed up. I mounted it on the Arca right away. As I feared, the deeper handgrip get's in the way a bit, hitting the front standard with wide lenses mounted and restricting the shift to 10mm.

Hmm.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Mine just showed up. I mounted it on the Arca right away. As I feared, the deeper handgrip get's in the way a bit, hitting the front standard with wide lenses mounted and restricting the shift to 10mm.

Hmm.

Wondering if you can put any shim in it

Amin

I don't have any real complaints, but I have a feature request: Auto ISO max 51,200 with minimum shutter 1/(2xf).

Not a big deal because I can just switch to manual mode with the current auto ISO implementation, but I'd still like to have it so I wouldn't have to switch to manual when going from good light to low light.

Guy Mancuso

I do have a feature that really needs to be addressed. Crop mode, I use it a lot. I used it today to shoot some hummingbirds and I forget to back out of it. Really need a flashing warning somewhere off the image frame.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Like everyone else I'd like lossless compression or uncompressed raw files. Big sd cards aren't a problem these days and I'm not machine gun shooting anyway.

I wish the histograms were based on raw vs processed jpg. Always a pet peeve of mine as it's just easier to assess the full DR of a shot and where possible use the best/maximum exposure with ETTR.

A custom settings page where I could put any settings from the menus. Sure, I can use the function display for most things but I like the way my Nikon's have a tab where I can pull together my choice of options.

I still want to be able to save/load custom settings from an sd card. I have multiple cameras and it would be great to be able to sync them all with the same settings vs manually doing it.

Last edited:

DaveW

Why, for the love of all that is holy, did Sony not include a 4:5 crop mode. I was about to pull the trigger and buy one but without 4:5, I can't really use it. Incredibly frustrating.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Why, for the love of all that is holy, did Sony not include a 4:5 crop mode. I was about to pull the trigger and buy one but without 4:5, I can't really use it. Incredibly frustrating.

Agreed - I HATE 2:3 although evidently less than you do. I would love that they'd included a classic crop because many folks using this level of resolution would likely prefer this ratio. That said, post processing crop ... (Although I'd go for the VF crop display at composition time)

Slingers

I do have a feature that really needs to be addressed. Crop mode, I use it a lot. I used it today to shoot some hummingbirds and I forget to back out of it. Really need a flashing warning somewhere off the image frame.
There is an icon for when you are in crop mode which is a rectangle and a dotted rectangle around it. But it doesn't flash.

Guy Mancuso

Thank you . I'll put that screen back on my LCD display . I usually like the screen without the graphics

aragdog

Ok, I have all of this Nikon glass. Would love a serious adapter, so all of the Canon people will stop gloating over me.