The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7RII/ Batis 25mm , Batis 85mm and Sony 35mm 1.4 System Tests

ohnri

Anyone going with the 90 Macro instead of 85 Batis?

Thinking of a 25 Batis, 35 1.4, 55 1.8, and 90 Macro kit....
I did as I prefer the bokeh from the 90.

I never expected the 90 to be such an easy portrait lens after hearing all the doom and gloom about AF speed.

But it turns out that if I pop the 90 on my A7r2 and use Eye Detect that it is a great portrait lens with speedy and very accurate AF.

I would be happy with it on that basis alone.

Add in the really fantastic macro quality, including Sony's flip out LCD screen and focus tracking that works and AF points everywhere and I would be happy with it as a Macro lens alone.

It is a lens without any significant drawbacks for my usage.

For portraits with a really shallow DOF, I have legacy glass.

In the future, maybe Sony will thrill us with a zippy 135 G lens in the native FE mount.

-Bill

keepsabeat

Hi Guy,

Thanks for this excellent post. I have a Batis 25mm on the way and can't wait to try it out on the A7rii.

I have been on the fence about C1, since I use LR heavily for my real estate work with my D800e and 14-24mm, but after reading your comment regrading how the sony raw files seem to processes better than in LR, I gave it a try and it I definetly notice a big improvement in the overall look of the file. I tried it using the Loxia 35mm ( that I bought from you ) although I am surprised there is not a lens profile for it in C1.

Fred