The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

High ISO long exposure infinity focus with Batis 25 on A7RII

dmward

Following a meeting this evening I went to the museum campus in Chicago to shoot some long exposure skyline images.

I manually focused the Batis so that it showed infinity, F8 and ISO 25600.

Normal processing in Lightroom without any noise reduction.

two frame pano with about 50% overlap. Lightroom says its about 10700 pixels wide by normal A7RII height.

The thin strip of lights to the right are on Navy Pier and the sky does go black there since there are no street lights to reflect off the cloud cover. The Sodium Vapor lights have a distinct orange color reflected off the clouds.

20150825DSC04245-Pano.jpg

dmward

Here is a version shot at 100 ISO, not quite as wide a view, only 8930 pixels wide, by 4082 high.

The exposure was about 15 seconds.

And here are links to both full sized JPGs.

high ISO: ISO 25600 61 MB file

low ISO: ISO 100 12.6 MB file

(Fixed link problem)

Last edited:

mbroomfield

The links go to the same file. I looked at the 100 iso file 1st and was appalled at the noise (for 100 iso) so I assume they are both the 25.600 iso ...

Edit : and looking at the waves I'm 100% sure they are

Knorp

Yep, the files are identical.
Frankly, I'm already appalled by the ISO 25600 file ... ;)
I'm sure the ISO 100 still is pretty good.

Kind regards.

dmward

Thanks for catching the link error. Cut and Paste wins again. :)

I fixed it.

Yes they were both the high ISO initially.

dmward

Aside from the High ISO comparison, here is why I wanted the night images.

The background is another image I made last night, then took it into Topaz and processed with a crayon drawing preset.

The Porsche Spyder image was made at the Geneva Concourse Sunday. Both shot with Batis 25/2.

- - - Updated - - -

...appalled...
Can you clarify?