The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

edwardkaraa

Ouch, you're killing me with those 135ZA pics, Edward. Beautiful. My 85ZA is begging me for a partner....
Thank you Douglas! It would be a very sound investment in my opinion. I have used the 135 and Sony 70-300G extensively during the weekend, and looking at the files now, I'm quite disappointed with the flat lifeless photos of the zoom compared to the 135 prime which even wide open and with flat dawn lighting produced very sharp photos with high micro-contrast.

dhsimmonds

Edward- with pictures like this you know that you are going to be responsible for the sale of many more CZ135 lenses to us poor guys!

It really is a superb piece of glass.

Arne Hvaring

Boscawen-un

Sigma 12-24, A900
Hi jono, thank you for posting so many excellent images, always a joy for the eye! I especially enjoy this dramatic rendering of the leaning central pillar, it catches perfectly the enigmatic nature of these ancient stone circles.

edwardkaraa

I am getting more and more tempted, what wonderful colours and bokeh, was that wide open?
Actually it was shot at 1/250 f/2.4

The first shot of the monk at f/2.8

It is very sharp wide open but the DOF is so thin that I prefer to stop it down a bit unless I'm looking for a special effect.

jonoslack

Hi jono, thank you for posting so many excellent images, always a joy for the eye! I especially enjoy this dramatic rendering of the leaning central pillar, it catches perfectly the enigmatic nature of these ancient stone circles.
Thank YOU Arne - I'm flattered. It's a splendid place, but only worth an hour or so, but if you fancy a look one day, we can take you to the best beach in Europe, a grand pub and home for a meal, all within 5 miles!

jonoslack

Here is one from the 16-35 for a change:

16mm 1/250 f/9.5 Thai-Burmese border
Oh Edward . . . I just go out and get the 135, (like today) and then you go and show me this shot with the 16-35 (which I can't afford).

Anyway, here are a few from the first day with the 135:

Quentin_Bargate

Nice, Jono. Unfortunately I suffered a major data loss today - including my entire Photoshop installation and email. So it will be a few days before I can offer up any comparison from the 135 STF (Also means my regular email is out of action for a day or two)

Quentin

jonoslack

Nice, Jono. Unfortunately I suffered a major data loss today - including my entire Photoshop installation and email. So it will be a few days before I can offer up any comparison from the 135 STF (Also means my regular email is out of action for a day or two)

Quentin
Hi Quentin
I'm sorry about that . . . could this be the time to cut the crap and get a mac?

Eoin

Congrats on the new arrival (ZA 135) Jono :thumbs:, I knew it was only a matter of time before you'd give in :ROTFL:. I'm sure the lens will reveal all very quickly in your capable hands and make it's true worth far outweigh the price tag.

Did you jump to beat the rumored price increase?.

edwardkaraa

Jono, I add my congrats as well! This is a decision you won't regret. Looking forward to seeing more of your work with this lens.

Braeside

Thanks Edward for more details (EXIF) on the photos with the ZA 135 lens, I didn't mean to dwell on the technical aspects of the shots, they are especially beautiful without knowing that. That 16-35 lens seems great as well.

Jono, congrats on the new lens also. I'm trying to hold back, but it is getting harder.

Arne Hvaring

Thank YOU Arne - I'm flattered. It's a splendid place, but only worth an hour or so, but if you fancy a look one day, we can take you to the best beach in Europe, a grand pub and home for a meal, all within 5 miles!
That's very generous of you Jono, I'll keep it mind :)
I would be delighted to offer you the same hospitality should you ever set foot on these shores:thumbup: