The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

ptomsu

Workshop Member
These are great shots Shelby!

I am looking forward to receive my A900 and Zeiss glass. After so many years again back to these wonderful lenses and again finally with a decent camera and resolution behind it ;)

wayne_s

Shelby,

Really like the 1st one. Excellent. :thumbup:
Just one question about eye retouching,
would you retouch her eyes to make her pupils larger as they are very small?
I like her pose and the composition in the last one but would prefer a darker
background as the bright bushes keep distracting my eyes off of her.
Pretty girl.

Yeah, even at f1.8 the CZ 135 is so sharp. I took some wide open shots at a friends wedding and I was blown away with all the fine detail it rendered in the beads and embroidery in the wedding dress. :toocool:

APY_JR

From yesterday.... A900 and 24-70 zoom, 70-300 zoom and 135 f1.8 lenses

Albert:)

Entrance shot

Down the canyon trail... HDR image

Looking back up...

Up the other side...

Looking back down...
[IMGtp://www.pbase.com/apy_jr/image/113158444/original.jpg[/IMG

Bottom canyon tower...

Boulder House Stitch... (2 images)

Hovenweep Castle 2 image stitch with 135 f1.8...

Exit to Blanding Utah... Manti-LaSal National Forest pano...

LaSal mountain pano from Monticello, Utah...

Last edited:
S

Shelby Lewis

Albert and David... WOW. The panos are really nice... and that second shot from david (tree) is really cool. I wonder what it would look like as a b/w if you really messed with the color channels a bit.

:thumbs:

Great work guys.

Terry

Wow, Albert I've only seen those mountains from the other direction in Moab. The dwellings are really cool.

Daivd, I agree with Shelby on that tree could be a really cool B&W even though I do like it in color.

Braeside

Thanks folks - I'll have a go with a mono conversion of that tree.

Albert - glad you are making the most of the A900 in the pano shots - must look great at full size.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Superb Vistas Gentlemen!

The more I see work done with the alpha the more I am convinced I made a good choice with that camera!

Albert, this is intruiging, as I also wonder whether to buy the 135mm. I was pondering about its usablilty as a landscape lense.

The 2 image castle stitch does not load here....

Last edited:

APY_JR

Albert and David... WOW. The panos are really nice... and that second shot from david (tree) is really cool. I wonder what it would look like as a b/w if you really messed with the color channels a bit.

:thumbs:

Great work guys.
Hi Shelby!

Hey thanks!
BTW I really enjoyed your last post and your sharing of your lighting techniques. Gonna try that reflector outdoors this week:)
Great images you posted... I like your color balance results!

Thank you,

Albert

APY_JR

Wow, Albert I've only seen those mountains from the other direction in Moab. The dwellings are really cool.

Daivd, I agree with Shelby on that tree could be a really cool B&W even though I do like it in color.
Hi TEB,

Me either... until this past friday... and I've lived here all my life!
I normally just hit Monticello coming from Moab and turn left towards Cortez:)
I was frankly stunned actually.... what a beautiful forest... starting at about 7,000 ft! Who knew:)

I try and hit Hovenweep once a year (for the past 4 years now)
I love it there... very peaceful and rarely crowded. Really helps me mellow out when I'm there. ( I feel those "ancient ones" all around me... a very spiritual place for me)

Albert

APY_JR

Thanks folks - I'll have a go with a mono conversion of that tree.

Albert - glad you are making the most of the A900 in the pano shots - must look great at full size.
Hi David!

I'm amazed at the detail under controlled conditions... I actually have to PULL BACK on the pre and post sharpening!
Yes.. the large files are the best I've ever produced.
I'm a happy guy:)

Albert

APY_JR

Superb Vistas Gentlemen!

The more I see work done with the alpha the more I am convinced I made a good choice with that camera!

Albert, this is intruiging, as I also wonder whether to buy the 135mm. I was pondering about its usablilty as a landscape lense.

The 2 image castle stitch does not load here....
Hi George,

Yes, sorry about that...
here's the link again

And another with the 70-300G that didn't show up in my first post...

I wondered the same about the 135... thinking it would be too long.
I was pleasantly surprised... it's a good distance... and if a tad long I simply do another row of pano shots.
I think it really depends on the distance of your views... but I can tell you with certainty... it's the sharpest lens of the lot. Simply "floors" me:)
And manually focuses quite easily from the view finder... even for MY tired old eyes:)

I have the cz 24-70(very good... but doesn't equal my copy of the 135 for resolution) and the 70-300G (actually a little disappointed with this lens as it vignettes quite a bit especially at 70mm and is really not that sharp compared to the 135 f1.8)
But... I'm a tripod shooter so I see the difference quite easily between the 3 lenses.

Thank you!

Albert

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Awwww.... :bugeyes: flippin fantastic!

why oh why.... Why did you do THAT?

Now I have to call on Tuesday (bank holiday here) and order the 135mm as well. :)

What aperture did you use in that shot?

Last edited:

APY_JR

Awwww.... :bugeyes: flippin fantastic!

why oh why.... Why did you do THAT?

Now I have to call on Tuesday (bank holiday here) and order the 135mm as well. :)

What aperture did you use in that shot?
Thanks Georg!

Aperture was 5.6.
f5.6 is the "magic" number for me with this lens:)

I think you will be extremely happy with it!

Albert

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Thanks Albert.

I just refuse to open the next letter from VISA for a few weeks. :ROTFL:

On another note, I am trying to find out what Lenses are dust and splashwater sealed for the alpha. Do you happen to know that by chance?

APY_JR

Thanks Albert.

I just refuse to open the next letter from VISA for a few weeks. :ROTFL:

On another note, I am trying to find out what Lenses are dust and splashwater sealed for the alpha. Do you happen to know that by chance?
Sorry my friend... I don't:(

But for what they want for their lenses they oughta come with " a wet suit & scuba gear":)

BTW... here's one more I did with this lens & camera combo before I joined this forum... again at 5.6:)

Albert

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
:clap:

This is outstanding! How many panels and rows did you shoot for that? Do you use Autopano for you stitch work? Oh man, I sooooo will buy that lense!!!!! LOLOL

Do you print yourself?

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Man I am looking with GREAT pleasure at this last shot here since half an hour, what an amazing Vista.

The quality is simply fantastic from what i can see here, and I love the look of this glas, to my eyes it has a certain medium format quality.

I better dig out my Manfrotto Panohead again. :)

APY_JR

:clap:

This is outstanding! How many panels and rows did you shoot for that? Do you use Autopano for you stitch work? Oh man, I sooooo will buy that lense!!!!! LOLOL

Do you print yourself?
This was a simple 1 row horizontal stitch Georg!

I think it was 5 frames... left to right... I didn't even use a pano head... just a ball head:)

I do print myself... smaller stuff (11x14 or less) on our Fuji Frontier 550... and the larger stuff I use an Epson 4000... same as Jono.

Thanks man... I'm glad you liked it!

Albert