The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

dhsimmonds

Took the A900 to a "war on the line" nostalgia trip at a local railway station over the week-end. It was good to see some younger types getting into the spirit of things and a great time had by all. All with the ZA24-70. A very contrasty light but the Sony seemed to cope quite well I thought.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Hi Dave
I'm not sure how many other characteristics Churchill has . . but he certainly looked like he'd had a pint or two!

We just got to Cornwall:

Arriving at Brane Farm: (24-105)

The Clay pit on Bartinney (24-105)

contemplating the eternal verities: (24-105)

Campion and sunset (135)

S

Shelby Lewis

Jono and Dave... nice stuff.

Couple from a senior high-school session last night... with the requisite skin smoothing. A900 is a mean portrait camera!

Cheers!
Shelby

MoJo

Registred Users
Georg: Your Ireland shots are tormenting me no end..... I am planning on going back there, maybe this fall (first time for me in fall) is October too late for decent weather? The absence of tourists will be a blessing, i bet Donegal will be empty! -Josef

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Hi Josef,

I gave up on listening to the weatherforcast a long time ago. I learned that there is no bad weather in Ireland, only bad clothing. Last year was exceptionally bad, we had about 2 weeks sunshine in one go in April, and that was it for the rest of the year, the summer was literally non existant.

If memory serves the past 5 years, October months were quite all right, even with very pleasant days and still warm. As you probably know, 4 seasons in a day is nothing too unusual.

I like october a lot. The turf has long been hauled in, it is this time of the year where it can get quite chilly already, and coming home from a long walk with my dog, the smell of a turf fire, a hot whiskey with cloves, brown sugar and lemon, hard to beat in my little world. Of course, if we are lucky october can be exceptional, particulary because the llight is not harsh anymore, and the rapid change of seasons provides us occaisonally with outstanding views. I like it a lot to go to Dunlewy Heritage Center (Do you know it?) right at the foot of Errigal flanking Glenveagh. Usually there is very little traffic there at this time of the year, and the old and massive open fire in the dining sure is lit. The noises of the tourists are nothing but a distant memory, and the ancient spirits have settled back in there. You nearly can hear the old wooden bars mumbling " awwwww, peace again.... " ;) It is a special treat to sit there nearly all by yourself, watch the donkeys and the other animals outside doing their thing, have some coffee, read a book, or just let the thoughts wander to distant places and memories.

If you are coming to Donegal, let me know, I should have some time in middle of October and we could hook up for a pint.

I enjoyed your site a lot Josef!

dhsimmonds

Shelby.........these portraits are just stunning.........so is your model!!:thumbs: I would also like to know which lens you were using, has a ZA135 look about it.

APY_JR

A few from yesterday... all with the 135 f1.8.

The pano was 28 images (2 rows) took the comp 6 hours to stitch it with PTGUI:) A900 has beautiful files but boy are they big!
The stitch finished up at a native 36" x 125" at 300 dpi:)

Albert

fotografz

Holy Moly Albert, those are 3D to the max ... looks like you could tilt your head and look behind the subject. :thumbs:

jonoslack

Wonderful Albert
Have you printed it? and if so how?
I guess you could get away with 180dpi hmmm sounds like around 20ft long:ROTFL: (and you'd still be able to look at it with a loupe).

dhsimmonds

Wonderful Albert! I would just love to see the final print. What paper would you print it on.....I guess roll paper? Who needs MFDB with this quality of file?:rolleyes:

APY_JR

Wonderful Albert
Have you printed it? and if so how?
I guess you could get away with 180dpi hmmm sounds like around 20ft long:ROTFL: (and you'd still be able to look at it with a loupe).
Hi Jono!

Not yet no. I would go for the Epson 9800 (or better) so I could print it on 44" wide paper.

Yeah... the detail is just remarkable:)

Albert

APY_JR

Wonderful Albert! I would just love to see the final print. What paper would you print it on.....I guess roll paper? Who needs MFDB with this quality of file?:rolleyes:
Hi Dave!

Yes, Epson Premium Luster roll paper. Although a 3 panel pano printed on canvas in a gallery wrap might look pretty good also!

Yes... if we can stitch... depending on subject and weather conditions... we can blow away MF digtal backs:)

Albert