The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Yeah, I can see that both ways Albert, Luster and framed, or a large wrap on a nice canavas. Did you ever print one of your fantastic panos on Epson Ultrasmooth Fine Art Paper by chance?

Folks, on a side note, I was very taken by Albert's work from the first second I saw it, in fact he was instrumental in my decision to get the 135mm. :) When I saw his work here on the fora not more than a week ago or so, I had no doubts that there is a wealth of practise behind it, it just shows to my eyes.

As it turned out, yeah Albert in deed has a lot of experience under his belt, and I think it is fair to say, it's in your blood buddy! :)

So here you are, take a glas of burgundy, or whatever your poison, sit back and be prepared for a real treat.

....Dimming Lights.... Shhh the audience..... drumroll... (make sure you click on original size! Hell, I need a second 30" screen. LOL)

.....Ladies and Gentlemen..... :D

---- Albert Yanowich Jr. ----
Panorama Work:

http://www.pbase.com/apy_jr/panoramas

By clicking on "all galleries" you come to his main site that shows you what else he and his entire family are doing since a long time in the photographic world, as his father started the business.

Last edited:

APY_JR

Wow... Thanks Georg:)

You've gotten me all embarrassed now.

I'm just a lowly school picture photo snapper who happens to enjoy digital photography as a hobby too:)

Most importantly to me... I'm glad you really enjoyed looking at them!

Thank you!:salute:

Albert

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
No no no.... I beg your pardon Albert.

You are a landscape photographer by heart, mind and soul buddy. A landscape photographer who happens to make a living with school photography!

Top notch work :thumbup:

P.S. You know, doing music since the age of 10, I know when I meet a real musician! ;)

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
I find the series so interesting to go through. When you start with the 2005 pictures, well they are awesome, regardless what you used, Nikon D200 or Kodak, Tamron Glas, Nikkor, regardless, they are just very good, and fantastic compositions.

Then all of the sudden they get that extra brilliance and punch, as soon as you get the big Nikon with the Zeiss 85mm 1.4, the files start oozing quality.

And then comes Albert with the alpha and Zeiss.... :D

viablex1

Wow... Thanks Georg:)

You've gotten me all embarrassed now.

I'm just a lowly school picture photo snapper who happens to enjoy digital photography as a hobby too:)

Most importantly to me... I'm glad you really enjoyed looking at them!

Thank you!:salute:

Albert

damn dude your stuff is off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute::bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Albert - the second image of the three you posted is really excellent. Everything works so nicely and it really pops. Very captivating.

APY_JR

I find the series so interesting to go through. When you start with the 2005 pictures, well they are awesome, regardless what you used, Nikon D200 or Kodak, Tamron Glas, Nikkor, regardless, they are just very good, and fantastic compositions.

Then all of the sudden they get that extra brilliance and punch, as soon as you get the big Nikon with the Zeiss 85mm 1.4, the files start oozing quality.

And then comes Albert with the alpha and Zeiss.... :D
Thanks again Georg, you are most kind!

I really do see the diff with the Alpha camera. Of course the files are that much bigger to work with and I'm not ready to get a new comp just yet:)

Albert

APY_JR

Albert - the second image of the three you posted is really excellent. Everything works so nicely and it really pops. Very captivating.
Hi cmb,

Thank you very much!

That shot was a good combination of light and bokeh as the tree was hovering on the edge of the cliff. The background was across the canyon probably 1000 ft away.
No question the detail rendered by the 135 f1.8 has a lot to do with it also... what a great, sharp lens!

Glad you enjoyed the shot!

Albert

Terry

Posted this in the Sunset bar from our trip to Northern Arizona - Church Rock (about 5 miles east Kayenta), AZ)....
5 shot vertical pano (handheld) with the 135 in blechhhh midday light.

Last edited:

APY_JR

Posted this in the Sunset bar from our trip to Northern Arizona - Church Rock (about 5 miles east Kayenta), AZ)....
5 shot vertical pano (handheld) with the 135 in blechhhh midday light.

It's Nice TEB:)

Even though it's mid-day you got some nice cloud shadows working for you in this image.

Thanks for sharing!

Albert

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
@ecsh, nice colors, is that a sony macro lense?

@Terry, church rock, very much so. :D I like the shadows in the distance.

@Albert, I wonder, not knowing this location of course, is there a night where the full moon shines right through that arch? I have this "neuro chromix" on my mind somehow. LOL

APY_JR

@ecsh, nice colors, is that a sony macro lense?

@Terry, church rock, very much so. :D I like the shadows in the distance.

@Albert, I wonder, not knowing this location of course, is there a night where the full moon shines right through that arch? I have this "neuro chromix" on my mind somehow. LOL
Hi Georg!

Oh I'm sure it could be timed right to do just that:) It's a 2 hour drive though so you better know weather conditions as well. Be a shame to drive all that way and have clouds spoil your plan:)

Albert

ecsh

Georg
Yes, the Sony 100. I read alot of iffy reviews on the lens, but figured i would give it a shot. Turns out really nice colours. No PP on the pic, just converted from Raw to jpeg.
Joe

J

Jamesmd

Hi all.
I bought my a900 , because I sold all my M8 system for sight problems , ( I have nistagmus ) so focus was a great problem in situations were I needed to be quick , and lost a lot of shots for hat .
So I took the decision of changing to autofocus , and after looking at what there was , and because I had an a700 , I chose a900 and CZ .

So after the introduction the point is , this weekend I got the bike and went out to enjoy the camera and I am absolutely thrilled and so happy , and now I am sure I did the right thing .:) :) :) :)

here are some of the first

cheers

james

Last edited: