The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

J

Jamesmd

Thanks albert

Well , mine is a little smaller

Last edited:
P

panyawong

A day off from recent business trip to Korea. Some of these images seem to have 3D quality. What do you think?

P

panyawong

Thanks toddbee & Shelby. The lens kind of surprise me. It's Minolta 50/3.5 macro. I look at most my picture and found that if I shoot with f/3.5 or f/4, it seems to produce nice 3D. Usually I used it for macro and shoot at f/8 or f/11, so never noticed it before.

HansAlbert

Some days ago my new toy arrived, the A700 with the 70-300G – a joy to use. At first I went out into my garden and shot borage and basil, contre-jour. The next day I had a close look at my daughter and her friends before their A-level ball. Finally I went for a walk to our lake and ascended a tower in the historic city.
Hope you like them. Special regards to Jono; I had to come to a compromise, so the A900 + 70-400 has to wait for some years.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Super bird shots Bill, you are wringing the best out of that 70-400:D
Thanks to all who commented. It's a great lens, fully sharp at maximum aperture, though I usually use it one stop down for dof. It's not a fast focuser even with the limiter, but after a while you learn how to adapt to it. It is the sharpest 400 mm I've ever used. And it's even better at more moderate focal lengths.
Bill

dbogdan

Well I think I've been in the background long enough and It's time to jump in. Here's a few from a recent Southwest visit... Comments welcome!

panoramic stitch

-davidbogdan

Last edited:

dbogdan

Thanks Bill!
I was a little stretched putting the thread together, had to learn the image thing here, and should have included more info.

#1 Red Rock Canyon ...70-400 @ 150mm

#2 Blind road off the Colorado river.. 15-20 miles SW of Moab 70-400 @ 135mm

#3 Coral Dunes State park 70-400 @ 400mm

#4 Somewhere, midway, along the 110 mile Shafer trail in the heart of Canyonlands. 24-70 @ 24mm

#5 Canyonlands seasoned with a bit of the Green River and its void... 16-35 @ 16mm

#6 Arches National Parks, South Window and beyond with a hint of sunrise behind me.. 16-35 @ 16mm

#7 Again, deep in the heart of Canyonlands.. 70-400 @ 135mm x 5 pano

-davidbogdan