The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

S

Shelby Lewis

Funny bunnies... love those shots.

Family (mostly the boys) session from yesterday... fun stuff... more at my website:

Cheers! Shelby

APY_JR

Albert, if you don't mind me asking, what time of day did you shoot these? Pretty sure I know where they are. I love the color of the light. I would love to see those prints!
Hi Bill!

Well the first pano was a little after 6:00pm and the last one was at 8:20pm on the way out of the park.
Haven't printed them yet so I would like to see them too!:)

None of them were very far from the road... the girls aren't quite ready for longer hikes yet:)

Albert

APY_JR

Nice Shelby!

They look like they were really having a good time!
You must have been too:)
Great photos!!

Albert

N

nautilus

Nice portraits from Shelby.

Back to nature and amateur photography. lol
Count them if you can. ;-)

APY_JR

Sigma 50mm f1.4

Just picked up this lens ( Thanks Shelby:))

And a few tests with my "Kung Fu" girls.
I don't know why they are so in to this lately... maybe it's the movie "Kung Fu Panda":)

(No animals were harmed during the making of this documentary)

Albert

The "Kung Fu" girls...

A roundhouse kick to the head...

A retaliatory kick to the ribs...

Terry

Wow - quite a kick in the second one. Oh to be young and flexible :ROTFL:.

Were you using the Sony flash? You picked up a lot of the ambient light which looks great. Any special settings?

APY_JR

Wow - quite a kick in the second one. Oh to be young and flexible :ROTFL:.

Were you using the Sony flash? You picked up a lot of the ambient light which looks great. Any special settings?
I know... it hurts just watching them:)

I used a Quantum Turbo 2x2 and a Qflash T5d-R with a small Quantum softbox attached (Q-68 I believe... about 1ft x 1ft. in size) with the FreeXwire transmitter mounted on the hotshoe and receiver mounted on the side of the Qflash. Softbox was about 5 ft. in front of them off to the right on a light stand.

I had an ND .9 B+W filter over then lens to get my aperture down to f2 and shutter speed around f 1/30 sec.

I exposed for the sky so it wouldn't clip (about -2 EV) and brought up the flash to exposure on the faces. Pretty dramatic light.

Albert

Last edited:

APY_JR

One more Sigma 50mm shot...

Okay Jono... here's daylight settiing for WB... :)

I love sitting on the porch looking at the sky on a calm evening.

Albert

gilgameshist

Re: Sigma 50mm f1.4

Just picked up this lens ( Thanks Shelby:))

And a few tests with my "Kung Fu" girls.
I don't know why they are so in to this lately... maybe it's the movie "Kung Fu Panda":)

(No animals were harmed during the making of this documentary)

Albert

The "Kung Fu" girls...

A roundhouse kick to the head...

A retaliatory kick to the ribs...

I, really, enjoy these ! They're lovely and dangerous(!) ;)
very nice! :thumbs:

MG