The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

edwardkaraa

Thank you guys for the nice comments. One thing I noticed about the 85mm is that it is too sharp for portraits, even wide open, unlike the Contax cousin. I did all the shots between f/1.4 and f/2, and even at these wide apertures, every skin pore and wrinkle are visible.

MoJo

Registred Users
Hi , here are some experiments with planes .

Do you think it looks good or is it rubbish ?

be honest , no problem :thumbup:

when you start fiddling you normally overdo it at beginning

cheers

What i like about these shots is how natural they look, so no, you did not overdo it at all. a very nice job, in difficult lighting it appears!

-Josef

picman

Thank you guys for the nice comments. One thing I noticed about the 85mm is that it is too sharp for portraits, even wide open, unlike the Contax cousin. I did all the shots between f/1.4 and f/2, and even at these wide apertures, every skin pore and wrinkle are visible.
Great shots Edward! Do you remember the Zeiss Softar filters? Might be a solution if you can get hold of one in 72 size.

Cheers, Bob.

edwardkaraa

Great shots Edward! Do you remember the Zeiss Softar filters? Might be a solution if you can get hold of one in 72 size.

Cheers, Bob.
Thanks Bob! I still have one of those in 58mm size. I believe they are still available from B+W. Excellent advice :thumbup:

J

Jamesmd

Thanks Josef :),

I went though your web , wow , great pics there .

Cheers

James

Quentin_Bargate

A few A900 / 24-70mm Zeiss and 12-24 Sigma shots taken with bounced flash from HVL-F58AM here, password is "lana"

I was not expecting to be called upon to take these shots right in the middle of a show, so I was a tad limited in what I could do, but the artist was happy so that is all that matters really :salute:

Quentin

jonoslack

That wedding looks like fun Edward.
Bill, the lily pads are great
Quentin - I hate being put on a spot like that - you did a grand job, and the sculpture looks interesting . . . .

I was doing a wedding in Holland the week before last, I'm just getting through the shots - these were the local pizza delivery guys - definitely smokin' :ROTFL:

All taken with the 135 and fill flash:

I don't much like flash, but I'm much too cowardly to shoot the evening stuff without one .

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jono, your wedding shots are way too cool :toocool: Love the pizza guys :cool:
You have to come over here and shoot my wedding. I just have to find a wife first :ROTFL:

P

panyawong

Practicing some fun model shoots with newly acquired CZ135.

Does anyone experience that the filter/hood mounting ring rattle loosely?

edwardkaraa

Does anyone experience that the filter/hood mounting ring rattle loosely?
No, it's not supposed to. I've heard of one instance though, perhaps on this forum, where the hood ring got loose and fell down. Minor issue, but I would advise you to have it fixed soon.

jonoslack

Jono, your wedding shots are way too cool :toocool: Love the pizza guys :cool:
You have to come over here and shoot my wedding. I just have to find a wife first :ROTFL:
Thank you Jorgen - I'm very honoured . . . one of my son's is heading in your general direction in August, so if you can find someone by then I'd be able to use him as an assistant :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Jorgen - I'm very honoured . . . one of my son's is heading in your general direction in August, so if you can find someone by then I'd be able to use him as an assistant :)
August? That would be very hasty, don't you think? Maybe I should just buy another lens instead. Only one :lecture: That's at least cheaper... I think :ROTFL:

jonoslack

August? That would be very hasty, don't you think? Maybe I should just buy another lens instead. Only one :lecture: That's at least cheaper... I think :ROTFL:
Hmm. . . you could be right there . . . but which lens? you might find that even a wife was cheaper than a noctilux!