The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

P

panyawong

No, it's not supposed to. I've heard of one instance though, perhaps on this forum, where the hood ring got loose and fell down. Minor issue, but I would advise you to have it fixed soon.
Edward;
Thanks for your advice. I actually acquired this lens 2nd hand from Shelby. The ring does not seem that it can falls off, but definitely loose. I 'll try to see how to fix it.
Panya

Eoin

Edward;
Thanks for your advice. I actually acquired this lens 2nd hand from Shelby. The ring does not seem that it can falls off, but definitely loose. I 'll try to see how to fix it.
Panya
I have the same problem with mine, loose and kind of jingles as I walk around with it, yet secure. I've tried tightening the inner filter ring, but it seems locked tight.

Here is a few service drawings relating to the problem and the fix consisting of some adhesive strips.

Last edited:
P

panyawong

I have the same problem with mine, loose and kind of jingles as I walk around with it, yet secure. I've tried tightening the inner filter ring, but it seems locked tight.

Here is a few service drawings relating to the problem and the fix consisting of some adhesive strips.
Thanks Eoin;
I was thinking just that, try to use some removable adhesive to hold it together.

APY_JR

Thank you Marc
and Terry, and Jorgen - they're still in Morocco, but I hope they'll like it.

Albert - that's lovely - how much to you have to pay them to pose so nicely? :)
Hi Jono!
Pay them? They get to eat don't they?:)
They've been posing for me for so long I just have to pull out the camera now and they get right into it:)

Great wedding shots BTW... looks like you did a bang up job!
Had some fun too I hope?

Albert

APY_JR

Couple of casual shots as I was on an errand today...- anybody hazard a guess as the make of the car?

View attachment 19624

View attachment 19623

The dead and the living.

Bill,

These are great! Two of my most favorite subjects:)

I just love old buildings & cabins. I always wonder who might have loved there:)
I wish I were more of an old car expert... but I would venture to say an old Ford... of what type I'm not sure.

Interestingly, as I was firing up the BBQ the other evening I happened to read the bio on the back of the Kingsford Charcoal bag.
It seems they (Kingsford) started their biz using wooden scraps from those early Ford interior frames. "And the rest" they say... "is history!"

Thanks for sharing!

Albert

S

Shelby Lewis

Practicing some fun model shoots with newly acquired CZ135.

Does anyone experience that the filter/hood mounting ring rattle loosely?

Wow... fantastic stuff Panya. Let me know if there is something funky with the 135. I had no probs with it at all and am happy to discuss anything with you.

Great work!

S

Shelby Lewis

Ok, I know I'm not supposed to post non-sony images here... but I love this community so I'm gonna muck up the water with a recent 5dmkii image... colors over-the-top as that's the look the studio I shoot for pushes. I'm actually impressed at the dimensionality of the file... especially seeing that it was shot with the lowly 85/1.8

I'll say it though... at 100% not near as nice as the a900

and one more (more like my usual work)... grain added by me.

Ok.. I'll get out of the way now :D
Cheers!Shelby

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ok, I know I'm not supposed to post non-sony images here... but I love this community so I'm gonna muck up the water with a recent 5dmkii image... colors over-the-top as that's the look the studio I shoot for pushes. I'm actually impressed at the dimensionality of the file... especially seeing that it was shot with the lowly 85/1.8

I'll say it though... at 100% not near as nice as the a900

That was a rather interesting photo to see, since I've seen so many those that you took with the A900. While I like the depth and composition here, the colours are nowhere near those you captured with the Sony. Not even close.

Note to myself: Remember bot to buy a Canon :lecture: :D

edwardkaraa

That was a rather interesting photo to see, since I've seen so many those that you took with the A900. While I like the depth and composition here, the colours are nowhere near those you captured with the Sony. Not even close.

Note to myself: Remember bot to buy a Canon :lecture: :D
I saw the same thing but didn't want to comment. The difference is really amazing. I was working the other day on older 1Ds2 files and was absolutely dismayed. Now I really understand why I was never satisfied with digital and why I did several attempts to go back to film. I didn't know that not all digital is equal.