The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

APY_JR

From a headshot shoot with the owners of a Colorado-based counseling and wellness practice. With the Minolta 35-70/4, processed in C1.

Hmmm ... seems to lack sharpness and color depth here, not sure why.
It looks great to me Bill.... plenty sharp enough! Great color!

Albert

Finally taking some actual pictures instead of test targets, fiddling with settings, etc. This is a friend from work and his pride and joy. Sony a900, fourth is 28-135 f4-4.5 @ 30mm, rest are Minolta 20 f2.8. Processed from RAW with Raw Therapee.

The above contains a self-portrait(100% crop):

D

dmcnickle

Wow... Thanks Georg:)

You've gotten me all embarrassed now.

I'm just a lowly school picture photo snapper who happens to enjoy digital photography as a hobby too:)

Most importantly to me... I'm glad you really enjoyed looking at them!

Thank you!:salute:

Albert
Albert,

Your galleries are awesome. I absolutely love that area. Do you live in Grand Junction? My sister lives there and I spent 10 days there in July. I just got my a900 a few days before I went. I got some good pictures but no where near the quality of yours. I definitely won't be posting. You are a master.
I am seriously thinking of moving there depending on if I can find a job. The different scenic areas within a few hours drive of GJ definitely feed your soul.

Denise

Last edited:

wayne_s

Finally taking some actual pictures instead of test targets, fiddling with settings, etc. This is a friend from work and his pride and joy. Sony a900, fourth is 28-135 f4-4.5 @ 30mm, rest are Minolta 20 f2.8. Processed from RAW with Raw Therapee.

The above contains a self-portrait(100% crop):

Great shots!
Funny, I saw this exact car parked when I was taking my dog for a walk and thought about how nice it would be to take some shots of it.
The car is in very nice condition, fantastic paint job.
Thanks for sharing your shots, I am sure the owner liked them.

Great shots!
Funny, I saw this exact car parked when I was taking my dog for a walk and thought about how nice it would be to take some shots of it.
The car is in very nice condition, fantastic paint job.
Thanks for sharing your shots, I am sure the owner liked them.
Thanks for the feedback. :) He hasn't seen them yet, since I did not have a CF reader or the mini-usb cable with me at the time but he did point me to a number of other shots that have been posted to the web -- all P&S. I think that worked out for the best since these did need some PP to look their best. I think he'll be pleased.

Oh, and greetings to another local... ;)

edwardkaraa

Thanks for the feedback. :) He hasn't seen them yet, since I did not have a CF reader or the mini-usb cable with me at the time but he did point me to a number of other shots that have been posted to the web -- all P&S. I think that worked out for the best since these did need some PP to look their best. I think he'll be pleased.

Oh, and greetings to another local... ;)
By the way, Dave, what you did on DPR is shameless :ROTFL:

By the way, Dave, what you did on DPR is shameless :ROTFL:
Yes, it is -- 100%. :D

For some reason, reading the stuff flying around the lyrics from that old song by The Tubes popped into my head, and the rest is history.

This may be a sign that I have too much time on my hands... :ROTFL:

wolfgerb

hi everybody,
my name is wolfger, I´m from Austria and new to this forum.
The pictures presented here are really amazing.
So I give it a try and would like to introduce myself to this board with this portrait of my father in law:
A700, CZ 135, f3.2

APY_JR

Albert,

Your galleries are awesome. I absolutely love that area. Do you live in Grand Junction? My sister lives there and I spent 10 days there in July. I just got my a900 a few days before I went. I got some good pictures but no where near the quality of yours. I definitely won't be posting. You are a master.
I am seriously thinking of moving there depending on if I can find a job. The different scenic areas within a few hours drive of GJ definitely feed your soul.

Denise
Thanks so much Denise... I'm truly flattered! Really glad you enjoyed the galleries:)

Yes... I have lived here for almost 40 years now (before that I was a Durango kid)... and it's really a great starting point to a lot of great photographic areas around the Southwest.

I'm sure you got some great images while you were here... please post 'em! I for one would love to see them as well as the others!

Interesting that your sister lives here:)
Tough economy here right now (as is the rest of the country) but if you are in the medical field I'm sure you'll be able find something!

Where abouts are you from?

Thanks again!

Albert

APY_JR

Created by my "almost 7" year old daughter on a "paper towel".
I thought these were outstanding.... but what do I know... I'm her dad:)

These were with the Sony A900 and CZ 100mm Makro-Planar 2/100 ZF lens with a "Nikon to Sony" glassless adapter.

Albert

Braeside

A very warm welcome Wolfger, that is a nice strong portrait showing lots of character.

hi everybody,
my name is wolfger, I´m from Austria and new to this forum.
The pictures presented here are really amazing.
So I give it a try and would like to introduce myself to this board with this portrait of my father in law:
A700, CZ 135, f3.2

Tex

Subscriber Member
Al, wow, everybody is smiling!

What was your trick?

The A900/Zeiss lenses produce some beautiful colors.

APY_JR

Al, wow, everybody is smiling!

What was your trick?

The A900/Zeiss lenses produce some beautiful colors.
Hi Tex!

I'm a "yapper"

Always talkin'... crackin' jokes... just enjoying people in general:)

I count to 3 and have them say "money" or "peaches" or "I love my kids"
end on the "E" sound:)

Thank you!

Albert

P

Phil Tompson

Great shots everyone. I especially like the landscape with the shadows on the front page. Props!