The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

P

panyawong

Edward;

They look yummy and make me hungry. I envy you if those dishes are what your wife is cooking for you today. :) I like the "Kaw Soi" (1st pic).

Panya

Eoin

Just love the tom yum goong and pad thai goong, yummy!. As for khaaw neow ma-muang that's simply the most delightful way to end a perfect meal. Homesick already;) Lovely photos also BTW

edwardkaraa

Just love the tom yum goong and pad thai goong, yummy!. As for khaaw neow ma-muang that's simply the most delightful way to end a perfect meal. Homesick already;) Lovely photos also BTW
Not bad Mr. Eoin :D

Phuud phasaa thai geng jang loei :clap:

So when are we going to see you in this part of the world? I will take you to one of my favourite restaurants :thumbup:

edwardkaraa

It should be fine by end of October. November to January is the only time we can see clear blue skies around here. Do let me know when you're in Bangkok.

Eoin

...So when are we going to see you in this part of the world? I will take you to one of my favourite restaurants :thumbup:
Still don't know Edward, it was looking like a permanent move was on the cards a couple of months back, but things have not worked out to enable that.
I'm sure a family holiday will happen either Christmas or in the Spring so we'll see.

Your favourite restaurant would want to be pretty special, because my Mrs loves to cook and turns out food like you've photographed on a daily basis :thumbs:. The way to a mans heart(burn) is through his stomach, even if it's laced with chili :p.

wayne_s

It should be fine by end of October. November to January is the only time we can see clear blue skies around here. Do let me know when you're in Bangkok.
Thanks Edward, I will send you a PM with my dates when I am in Bangkok.
Like to meet up and get the inside scoop on the local places.
I did have one question concerning how safe it is to be walking around the city with a large backpack full of camera gear? Are there any places to watch out for being mugged?

edwardkaraa

Thanks Edward, I will send you a PM with my dates when I am in Bangkok.
Like to meet up and get the inside scoop on the local places.
I did have one question concerning how safe it is to be walking around the city with a large backpack full of camera gear? Are there any places to watch out for being mugged?
It's usually very safe around here. But of course, there are areas that I wouldn't go to with expensive camera gear, I'm not sure I would go there even without camera gear actually :D

The chances you would get mugged are very slim, but you have to be careful for the bag to be snatched from you. I have seen this happen a few times in places like Starbucks or McDonalds, someone would just snatch the bag when you're not paying attention.

Anyway, it would be great if we could meet up. I'm looking forward to it.

wayne_s

Edward,

Thanks for the info and look forward to meeting up with you there.
I will PM you my trip dates and contact info.
Yeah, it is those areas where you would not go to that I want to make sure
I don't wonder into by mistake. ;) And bag snatching can happen anywhere so I try my best to be careful and aware.

wayne_s

Bill,
Wow, great shots, love the detail of the snake skin, but how close did you get to them with your 70mm lens? You must have been within striking difference, right?
I thought I was close enough to some rattlesnakes I took pictures of in the wild and I was using my 500mm lens.

Albert, very nice even lighting on the whole group. What lighting did you use?

APY_JR

Bill,
Wow, great shots, love the detail of the snake skin, but how close did you get to them with your 70mm lens? You must have been within striking difference, right?
I thought I was close enough to some rattlesnakes I took pictures of in the wild and I was using my 500mm lens.

Albert, very nice even lighting on the whole group. What lighting did you use?
Thanks Wayne!

A single monolight with a 7" reflector tilted up about 30 degrees. I gradient fill the back rows if needed with a lighter exposure layer in PS.... just to even it out a bit:)

Albert

fotografz

Shot some stuff with the A900 yesterday during the "Detroit Dream Cruise."

This is the world's largest "moving" car show with thousands and thousands of participants from all over the USA and Canada. Cars parked and crusing along a 10 mile stretch of Woodward Ave. Just about everything ever built was there.

The Sony was in it's element ... a very bright day and some harsh direct sun didn't deter it in the least. Barely any adjustments needed right out of the camera.

Use the Zeiss 16-35/2.8 which was absolutely stellar and showed beautiful Bokeh behind the detail close ups. :thumbs:

Also used the Sony 70-200/2.8G APO which is fully able to stay the course with the Zeiss optic ... virtually no CA or fringing to speak of, dispite the very harsh direct sun light and lots of chrome. When coupled with the 1.4X is showed a slight CA here and there, and a very slight drop in contrast ... which didn't matter in this type of light ... and in some cases was actually helpful.

Proof sheet is one of about 10 captured. Would've been better to shoot later on in the day, but I had to leave. Some crops to get rid of distractions ... but with 24 meg you can get away with it :)

Lots of Sony fun :thumbs: