The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

LoSenior

Planes and Shavings.
Here's my first attempt at posting a picture. This is the results of an afternoons work.
A900, 24-70CZ.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill,
Wow, great shots, love the detail of the snake skin, but how close did you get to them with your 70mm lens? You must have been within striking difference, right?
I thought I was close enough to some rattlesnakes I took pictures of in the wild and I was using my 500mm lens.

Albert, very nice even lighting on the whole group. What lighting did you use?
Thanks for the kind comments. Yes, one does have to be careful!

My technique is to move VERY slowly, starting to shoot at about 3 or 4 feet and gradually moving closer as the snake becomes used to you. BUT - when the rattle starts, I back off - but still slowly. The rattle is visibly vibrating in this shot!
BillView attachment 21009

Last edited:

APY_JR

Great images Bill... love 'em all... especially like the 3D effect on the fauna.

Thanks for sharing these!

Albert

nostatic

Busy day today.

4 setups around the town... these are a few of the images:)
you're a better man than I - I *hate* these types of shots. I get roped into doing them at work, and invariably there is the, "oh, so-and-so can't make it so can you photoshop them in later?"

Greta pics, everyone! Bill, I like that 3rd pic of the bird. Is that cropped or just resized?

Here are some from a car show I went to on the 16th. I wanted a bit of a challenge so I only carried the Minolta 20mm f2.8. I've been wanting to do some landscapes but the light has been too harsh lately -- though it looked promising tonight, when I had other plans. :cussing:

Also, as a reward for reading so far, I present to you The Squirrelizer.
Background info on the squirrel, in case you've been living under a rock

Results:

:D

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Greta pics, everyone! Bill, I like that 3rd pic of the bird. Is that cropped or just resized?

Actually, that's pretty much the full frame - it's just cropped slightly. The tern was quite close and I was at 400 mms. (I shot about 30 frames to get two or three rgat are truly sharp!)

Love your cars, and the squirrel is hilarious!
Bill