The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

G

Goldencode

Albert,

What a FUN picture...when I was in 5th grade the Nuns would never allow that ::lecture: !!! Thanks for sharing !

APY_JR

Albert, is that really you???

I guess us pixel freaks tend to migrate to the same places. :ROTFL:

Lovely group shot too.

Quentin

Hi Quenters!

Yes... it is I:)

Well not only lots of pixels but great color and image quality too!

It really is a fine camera and gives me plenty of cropping room as well as wonderful large prints!

Albert

APY_JR

Albert,

What a FUN picture...when I was in 5th grade the Nuns would never allow that ::lecture: !!! Thanks for sharing !
Hi Goldencode!

Thanks a bunch... I really enjoy shooting these for the kids... they really have fun with these "silly pics":)

Interestingly, I was raised in a Catholic school also... and I don't think we could have gotten away with it either:)

Albert

dhsimmonds

Hi Goldencode and Albert

My wife was educated at a Convent school and she won't let me get away with much either!!

jonoslack

It's Springtime, and sex is in the air:

Even the old cockerel has it in mind:

and who can wonder about it with a pretty little hen like this around:

Here's one with the 135 Zeiss . . . . such a lovely lens:

A

apras

great picture everyone.

sony ancestor, the minolta 7d with 50mm 1.7.

my baby girl is 2 months now.

Quentin_Bargate

Ooooh! Some fun shots here :salute:

From today, two dodgy contributions from me as I continue to experiment

First, my three boys, William, Alex and Edward "pose" (I use the term loosely where Edward is concerned, as he has just been grounded by his mother for some infringement of maternal orders :lecture:) A900, 135 STF, on-camera flash.

and a William alone mono shot, slightly tinted (so no, your monitor is OK), A900, 85mm F1.4, on camera flash.

dhsimmonds

Great family Quentin........the photo's are cracking too! I can feel my arm reaching for the piggy bank again as that 135 Zeiss is a performer, as is the eye behind the viewfinder!

Quentin_Bargate

Cheers, Dave, you better prepare the piggy bank! - but bear in mind I have the 135 F2.8 STF, not the 135 Zeiss F1.8.... I think both are excellent lenses. The "problem" with the STF which I have is that it is manual focus, which can be tricky to get right with non-stationary subjects. Back to the old days...

Quentin

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Albert,

Nice pics, I particularly like the sunset ones and the third from last karate one. Looks like you are teching your daughters self-defence from an early age! The second from last self defence reminds me of Edward...

Does the Quantum flash sync at all shutter speeds?

Quentin

APY_JR

Hi Albert,

Nice pics, I particularly like the sunset ones and the third from last karate one. Looks like you are teching your daughters self-defence from an early age! The second from last self defence reminds me of Edward...

Does the Quantum flash sync at all shutter speeds?

Quentin
Good morning Quentin!

Thanks for the comment... just messing arounf before bed last night and had a blast... All just for fun... no formal karate training here:)

I can sync the Qflashes up to about 1/320 sec on the Nikon bodies and apparent on the Sony as well. Haven't tried to go much higher yet... but I will.

I love the Qflashes (have two of them currently) and they come with a nice range of modifiers (softboxes both standard and foldup models, 180 degree reflectors, snoots, telephoto parabolics, filter kits, etc...) and of course one can always shoot barebulb as well.

They currently have a new Qflash model out called a Trio... don't know much about it yet except it has a built in Freexwire adapter for remote firing.

Have a great day!

Albert

P

panyawong

APY_JR;
Are those kung fu kids? :)

I would like to contribute some of mine. C&C welcome.
_panya

dhsimmonds

Nice shots Panyang and welcome to the forum. First of many I hope. Which cam and lens are you using for these images?

Last edited: