The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

Braeside

A small project I have given myself is to photograph some old ruined buildings around here, before they vanish.

This one is a composite of 3 handheld autobracketed shots with the 135mm. Wish I hadn't cut off the chimney pot though...

APY_JR

Another nice happy shot Albert! I like the guy picking his nose, second row down on the left! It take something to get everyone looking good in such a large group, just great.
Dave,

Thank you very much!

These boys were such a joy to work with... very respectful and great attitudes! Means a lot to an old guy like me:)

Albert

Quentin_Bargate

Great stuff from Kuau, Albert, Edward & Panya. I always think the colours from the Sony are great - better than from most.

Any why medium format in the face of 25mp, portability, Zeiss lenses and the ability to stitch of you need monster files, one has to ask?

Quentin

dhsimmonds

Dave,

Thank you very much!

These boys were such a joy to work with... very respectful and great attitudes! Means a lot to an old guy like me:)Albert
It takes a good personable photographer to get these sort of people shots and everyone of your young people images are really great and the kids are giving you their "all" in my view. This says a lot for you as much as for them.:thumbs:

Unfortunately we live in a society in the UK now where mothers and children of all ages view photographers as potential peodophiles. Even official photographers of juveniles are screened by police in advance and often have to have both parents consent in writing.....tends to take the innocence away and lose the magic moments somehow.

One day we shall wake up and realise that we live in an age without any photographic records of children. It is sad as kids make the best people shots in my opinion.

A friend of mine had his first London Salon entry accepted in the fifties, it was of a little girl playing with her hoola hoop in the street of a very deprived area of northern England. Today if he tried to take a similar image he would probably be arrested and the gallery prosecuted for exhibiting it. How sad is that?:mad:

dhsimmonds

I spent the day with the A900 and Zeiss 16-35, f2.8. This is such a good lens and nice to handle.

"Medieval Cloisters" This is the real thing! I just love the dynamic range of this camera.

Braeside

A friend of mine had his first London Salon entry accepted in the fifties, it was of a little girl playing with her hoola hoop in the street of a very deprived area of northern England. Today if he tried to take a similar image he would probably be arrested and the gallery prosecuted for exhibiting it. How sad is that?:mad:
Yes Dave, it is really sad. Those fabulous pictures of street urchins in Glasgow could not be taken now. Don't try to photograph London buses either:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/16/police-delete-tourist-photos

Bill Gordon

I spent the day with the A900 and Zeiss 16-35, f2.8. This is such a good lens and nice to handle.

"Medieval Cloisters" This is the real thing! I just love the dynamic range of this camera.
That is an absolutely fabulous image....I am impressed but no, I am not running out to by Sony! I will stick with my E-520!!

wayne_s

Jono,
Great candid shot and expression with my favorite portrait lens.
Love the way it reduces backgrounds to nice smooth bokeh and really
makes the subject pop. I've been using this lens since January converted to work on my 1ds3. Can't get enough of this lens.
I'm sure if you and Edward keep posting pictures like this that Douglas will break down and get one eventually. ;)

Cheers,

Wayne

P

panyawong

People enjoying themselves @Ocean Beach on a hot day (this past weekend).

Diane B

A couple from today:

f3.2

f2.8

both with the 135 f1.8
Oh, like both--an old tractor seat (or some other farm implement) and maybe a buckeye leaf?? Looks like my buckeyes anyhow which are just leafing out here. I really like what you get from your Sony---you know I like your photography--so this isn't a 'good food, must be great pots' post LOL.

Diane

jonoslack

Oh, like both--an old tractor seat (or some other farm implement) and maybe a buckeye leaf?? Looks like my buckeyes anyhow which are just leafing out here. I really like what you get from your Sony---you know I like your photography--so this isn't a 'good food, must be great pots' post LOL.

Diane
Thank you Diane - the respect is absolutely mutual.
The saddle is actually Emma's old bicycle, which is mouldering behind the office in the garden. The leaves are Horse Chestnut - but maybe that's the same thing?

as for the 'good food, must be great pots quote . . . that's wonderful, I've not heard it before!:ROTFL::ROTFL:

On the other hand, the Sony really is a fine pot!

Here are a couple more with the 135 Zeiss.

Socks - hung out to dry

Scoop and basket:

Bread bins (with dog food)

Anenomes and check jug