The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony 70-200 FE - Performance in Low Light on A7rII

JMaher

When I had the A7r I rented this lens for an evening shoot and was disappointed in it's ability to focus in low light compared to my other lenses and in particular the 55. Since I now have the A7rII I am interested in how it performs today on this body. Particularly if anyone had experience on both of the A7R's but any thoughts would be helpful. I know Guy also had this question at one point.

Jim

dmward

Jim,
I have the 70-200 FE F4. I've used it on an A7II to shoot during concerts in low light. Also used it at the church last Saturday with A7RII.

I like it.

dmward

I think this and about half the others were shot with the 70-200.
For this shoot I was using two cameras and long zooms;
A7II and 70-200 along with XT-1 and 50-135.

I think the EXIF is embedded.

dmward

Saturday I'm going to a local race track to shoot. Then that night I'll be shooting at a concert.
I plan to use the 70-200 at both.

One thing I'm interested in seeing is the ability for the AF-C to track a car on the track.

Then at the concert contrasty light focusing.