The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Web Pages - mostly with A900

jonoslack

Hi there
I've been putting up my photos for January (remarkably up to date for me!).

I did try to reduce them to manageable proportions, but, as usual I failed!

Most of the shots are with the A900 (I think there are a couple with the Dlux4 and a few with the M8).

If you would like to have a look they are here:

Jono Slack's Pictures from January

Any comments would be welcome - pictures are all shot RAW, and apart from the Dlux4 shots (Capture 1) are all processed in Aperture.

G

gtmerideth

Jono,
Besides your eye for seeing shots and your wonderful sense of humor,
I'm seeing a mastering of the tool.
g.

jonoslack

Jono,
Besides your eye for seeing shots and your wonderful sense of humor,
I'm seeing a mastering of the tool.
g.
Thank you - you couldn't have said anything nicer - funny fotos ahoy!
I think that the A900 is the easiest SLR to use that I've ever had.

Knorp

Yep, it's #42 for me :thumbup:, the only M8 shot :cry:
No just kidding here, it's always a joy and pleasure to check out your galleries Jono, this one no exception. All wonderful stuff but in particular I like #4 and of course the close-ups 39, 45 and 52. Can't wait for February or March or ... so please continue :salute:

Thanks for sharing.

jonoslack

I bet they look glorious at full size. Great stuff.
Hi David - thank you, The colour from the Sony always gives me a little buzz.

Hi Jono,

Some very nice photographs there.
Thanks Ed.

Yep, it's #42 for me :thumbup:, the only M8 shot :cry:
No just kidding here, it's always a joy and pleasure to check out your galleries Jono, this one no exception. All wonderful stuff but in particular I like #4 and of course the close-ups 39, 45 and 52. Can't wait for February or March or ... so please continue :salute:

Thanks for sharing.
HI Bart
There's also May - December of 2008, the rest of the last Crete trip and much else. I'm afraid I'm not very together!

February will be M8 Month, who can tell what March will be!

Thanks for looking and commenting, and I'm glad you like my Leak :ROTFL:

lowep

nice photos jono. daring of you to post photos with the A900. does this mean you you are going back to the future? i am wondering what happened to the A7?

lowep

:eek: good somebody has their eyes open!

i was hoping to elicit an insightful comment from the old master about the difference between using these cameras... but end up putting my mouth in my foot again

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
:eek: good somebody has their eyes open!

i was hoping to elicit an insightful comment from the old master about the difference between using these cameras... but end up putting my mouth in my foot again
In that light a very intriguing post and hopefully he will weigh in....

Hard to believe that a decent replacement for the A99 has not appeared.

Bob

lowep

hold your breath and think of england doc, according to rumor sites like this one a99ii is on the way.

my concern with this line of megaMP MF-DSLRs that also includes the A7R and D800 is they appear to be at least as difficult as MF to hand hold and manual focus due to the high MP count yet not as good in terms in IQ as full-size MF systems due to the smaller 35mm full frame sensor size, right?

Maybe if a new A99 ii really does pop up and it retains the built in image stabilising system of the exisiting A99 that will go part way to resolve the hand holding issue?

iiiNelson

hold your breath and think of england doc, according to rumor sites like this one a99ii is on the way.

my concern with this line of megaMP MF-DSLRs that also includes the A7R and D800 is they appear to be at least as difficult as MF to hand hold and manual focus due to the high MP count yet not as good in terms in IQ as full-size MF systems due to the smaller 35mm full frame sensor size, right?

Maybe if a new A99 ii really does pop up and it retains the built in image stabilising system of the exisiting A99 that will go part way to resolve the hand holding issue?
I've shot a 645Z side by side with a 645D. The 645Z was much easier to get sharper pictures with in comparison. I don't know if it was because of less shutter lag, a more crisp shutter, or all around refinement. I can just say it was a lot better is operation going between both cameras side by side. So more megapixels don't mean it has to be hard to use.