The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7sII

Knorp

It's a real bargain !

The new α7S II full-frame interchangeable lens digital camera from Sony will be available in Europe in November 2015, priced at approximately €3,400.
Is it ?

:watch:

V

Vivek

We have a Sony EU pricing problem (why I would never buy any Sony products from sony.nl again) !

It is US $2999 in the US.

It is a nice upgrade.

5fps in silent shooting mode!

Chris Giles

It's a great upgrade to the original, especially if it has true raw files.

Yet, pricing is steep, real steep. The upside to this though is that it makes the a7s a decent price relative to it and hopefully the prices will drop. I'm only interested in silent shooting and for that a 55mm 1.8 and 85mm Batis will cover everything.

I would go so far as to say taking the P*** steep. Yet, people have been dropping 25k on Phase stuff....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
For me no interest but some good news all three bodies use the same accessories like vertical grips so if you need to rent than its a easier task. Nice that it is out there , but let's work on some more glass. We need long and we need wider than 25. Honestly I just need a nice 135 and a native 200.

ohnri

Sony Global - Digital Imaging - α7S II

Internal 4K recording and 5 axis stabilization.
And S-LOG3 and better slo-mo, faster focusing in video mode and some more doo dads.

A worthy, if pricey, upgrade.

Add on a pile of new Zeiss lenses that can be adapted.

And, probably, a number of new native mount lenses coming soon.

Who'd da thunk it??

Sony has grabbed onto this market and are pushing the high end.

Well, not the really high end but the sort of high volume high end.

Where do I preorder?

-Bill

V

Vivek

€3,400 is about $3,856. That's $857 more than the US price!
The A7rII is in stock everywhere since introduction for only €3,499.

Interestingly, the Nissin air system flash is cheaper here and is readily available as well.

uhoh7

Great new video features, but what I like most: v1 will be getting cheaper :)

I'd like to do a kolari mod on the v1 as a dedicated low light shooter :)

Tim

€3,400 is about $3,856. That's $857 more than the US price!
Would that be enough for a plane ticket to the US and pick one up?

The A7R/S II are out of my league price wise.
Can't justify the expense right now.

Looking forward to seeing more results from owners and the price drops on the non-IIs

V

Vivek

If it were 24MP I would be all over that camera but 12MP is just too little for me. Judging by the 42MP A7RII and it's high iso performance I have little doubt that a 24MP (give or take a few) version of the same BSi sensor would provide amazing high iso performance. Oh well.
It puzzles me why Sony left the 24mp cams high and dry. The A7/7II aren't that impressive for low light performance (among others) compared to the competition (=> Nikon D750).