The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

V

Vivek

K-H, i do not have to travel to NM to capture the rays.

I have a Sony RX1R II! :rolleyes:

k-hawinkler

Red Dot Trail Entrance • Gloves - Lost and Found! :thumbup:

A7r2 + Batis 25/2 FE. Rio Grande visible to the right, Anticrepuscular Rays (an optical illusion) towards the upper left, above the rocks. :grin:

A7r2 + Batis 25/2 FE

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

A fascinating teardown! :bugeyes:

LensRentals.com - Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA Lens Teardown

I think I'll wait for the next generation of this particular lens.
However, if I had already a perfectly centered copy I would definitely keep it!
No doubt Sony has an excellent opportunity here to improve their copy variation.

Many thanks to Roger Cicala and the other folks at LensRentals!

V

Vivek

K-H, There was a mini discussion about SLOG2 profile earlier.

Set the shutter to the silent mode and then check if it is available at a lower ISO. :)

k-hawinkler

Yesterday (and today) we had glorious weather like this.

Perfect for some Sandhill Cranes to start their yearly migration north.
First an image resembling as it looked to the naked eye.
The cranes are noisy and easy to hear but sometimes very difficult to spot when flying fast at great heights.

And after some processing in COP9 to make the birds stand out.

A7r2 + FE 90/2.6 MACRO G

Here we can see several groups of cranes, just a few minutes apart, using the same thermal to gain height, right over our house. :grin:
After having reached tremendous height, flying in formation north, until they need to gain height again in another thermal.
The cranes like days with lots of thermals, i.e. sunny weather, and are flying particularly fast in fierce tailwinds.
The over 10,000 cranes spread out the start of their migration by about a month. Their flight path varies at our location by about 10 miles.
From the Rio Grande to the Jemez Mountains, and when we get lucky, straight above our house. :thumbs:

k-hawinkler

Another photographer chasing the magical light, engaged in a friendly conversation and exchange of digital information!

A7r2 + FE 90/2.6 MACRO G @ f/2.8 , ISO=100, 1/160 s.

k-hawinkler

The Crane Sculpture in front of the Library is cast from an Origami. Following is the explanation.

On Display in the Entrance Way of the Library is the Unfolded Design.

The Crane Sculpture cast from the above Folded Origami.

The Cave inside the yellow Protrusion in the above Image.

Looking from the Cave along the Windows to the Right.

Now Looking across the Library Collections. On the Opposing Side are 3 Rooms that offer Privacy for Discussions.

Now Looking along the left Wall towards the Entrance.

In the above Image the Door to this Side Room is open.

A7r2 + Batis 25/2 FE

k-hawinkler

Turkey Vultures (TuVus) approaching their Roost. Several TuVus already settled down for the Night (Bottom Middle).

A7r2 + 55/1.8 FE @ 55 mm, ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/1000 s.

k-hawinkler

Near the Bandelier National Monument entrance. The fence prohibits access to Department of Energy land utilized by the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
The deer can easily jump the fence and hide in that area during the day and come out in the evening to feed at night along the road.

A7r2 + 55/1.8 FE @ 55 mm, ISO 200, f/2.8, 1/60 s.