The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tamron patents another FE lens

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I want a Batis 50 1.4 and a 135 f2. I'll take a Batis 18 as well.

Seriously given I love both of mine I could go all Batis glass down the line.

V

Vivek

The patents are for 28/2.8, 50/2.8 and 60/2.8. We do need compact primes.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Plenty of room to add 2.8 small primes. Choices choices and more choices makes a great system. That's the end game a great system to pick from

Annna T

The patents are for 28/2.8, 50/2.8 and 60/2.8. We do need compact primes.
Are you sure it is for a 60mm ? That sounds quite of weird next to the 50mm, unless it is either 50mm or 60mm (aka Tamron us considering both and will pick the definitive one later), or unless the 60mm is a macro one, or an APSC one (90mm equivalent makes more sense)

ggibson

Surprising to see optical stabilization in there since Sony seems to be moving towards IBIS in all of their full-frame bodies. Maybe the IBIS+Lens IS combo makes for slightly better stabilization performance? But I might rather have lower lens costs and fewer parts to break.

These lenses look pretty compact from the diagrams, which is great. Smaller lenses, even f2.8 is good IMO. Although we don't really need that 28mm since we already have a pretty compact and affordable f2.

V

Vivek

Surprising to see optical stabilization in there since Sony seems to be moving towards IBIS in all of their full-frame bodies. Maybe the IBIS+Lens IS combo makes for slightly better stabilization performance? But I might rather have lower lens costs and fewer parts to break.

These lenses look pretty compact from the diagrams, which is great. Smaller lenses, even f2.8 is good IMO. Although we don't really need that 28mm since we already have a pretty compact and affordable f2.
There could be cheaper A7RII versions without IBIS? :)

They do look good. :)

Slingers

I now have a strong suspicion that this patent is for a cheap 50/2.8 due to speed and the distortion correction needed by a profile.

There's 3 designs in this patent but even more exciting is the Tamron patent for the Sony FE 90 Macro. I would like it if Sony took the 180mm or 300mm macro from that patent.

90 patent link: http://egami.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2015-04-24

dmward

Given the performance of zooms I want primes to be fast. The Batis model for F2 or wider is fine with me.

The 25, 85 is a good start. Add a 35 or so and I'm happy. I don't really like 135 as a focal length. Maybe a 200. My all-time favorite portait lens was the 105 Nikkor. I don't even remember what its max aperture was, but it was a great lens for portraits. Would love to see something similar for Sony FE.

dandrewk

Given the performance of zooms I want primes to be fast. The Batis model for F2 or wider is fine with me.

The 25, 85 is a good start. Add a 35 or so and I'm happy. I don't really like 135 as a focal length. Maybe a 200. My all-time favorite portait lens was the 105 Nikkor. I don't even remember what its max aperture was, but it was a great lens for portraits. Would love to see something similar for Sony FE.
The FE35 1.4 isn't fast enough?