The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DRO settings

Knorp

Thanks Bart. I don't think so. IIRC I picked this technique up on dpreview when I first got my NEX-5N. Have used it ever since. Indeed I sometimes shoot RAW+JPG, but for other reasons, namely to compare AWB.

I just tried the following on my A7r2:

Set Quality to RAW+JPG.
In Creative Style select B/W, set to (-3,-,+3).
Change Quality to RAW.

I still see B/W images displayed on the LCD or in the EVF.

Do you get the same behavior? TIA.
K-H, I take it that you're referring to the images you took while quality was set to RAW+JPEG ?

Kind regards.

k-hawinkler

K-H, I take it that you're referring to the images you took while quality was set to RAW+JPEG ?

Kind regards.
No, by images I meant LiveView. Sorry, I should have said:

"I still see B/W LiveView displayed on the LCD or in the EVF."

Basically I am confirming what Ario pointed out.

Knorp

I just tried the following on my A7r2:

Set Quality to RAW+JPG.
In Creative Style select B/W, set to (-3,-,+3).
Change Quality to RAW.

I still see B/W images displayed on the LCD or in the EVF.

Do you get the same behavior? TIA.
To come back to your question, K-H: yes, same behaviour here - it's the Creative Style choice that determents the monitor's (LCD/EVF) view/output.
Still have to try your suggestion (B/W,-3,-,+3) on manual focusing.

Kind regards.

k-hawinkler

To come back to your question, K-H: yes, same behaviour here - it's the Creative Style choice that determents the monitor's (LCD/EVF) view/output.
Still have to try your suggestion (B/W,-3,-,+3) on manual focusing.

Kind regards.
Many thanks Bart. Excellent!
The credit for the suggestion (B/W,-3,-,+3) on manual focusing really should go to Ario Arioldi.
I am glad he pointed out to use B&W.

The nice thing about it is that everything is in black and white tones except the focus peaking.
I have chosen red for that and I can see the faintest traces of it in the B&W Creative Style.
Marvelous! Thanks Ario.

I can use all the help I can get when focusing the APO-R 280/4, a truly amazing lens and one of my favorites that responds to the subtlest of focusing adjustments.

Knorp

Many thanks Bart. Excellent!
The credit for the suggestion (B/W,-3,-,+3) on manual focusing really should go to Ario Arioldi.
I am glad he pointed out to use B&W.

The nice thing about it is that everything is in black and white tones except the focus peaking.
I have chosen red for that and I can see the faintest traces of it in the B&W Creative Style.
Marvelous! Thanks Ario.

I can use all the help I can get when focusing the APO-R 280/4, a truly amazing lens and one of my favorites that responds to the subtlest of focusing adjustments.
Then all credits to Ario as well :thumbs: